Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Huawei Ascend G630 Root & Roms

Tip us?

slasher122991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default huawei g630

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMailuhu View Post
Hi i've searched this board and i cannot find anything related to the Huawei Ascend G630.

Are there any methods to root and/or put a custom rom on it? The onder huawei phones used BootLoader unlock code.
Perhaps this method and/or other huawei roms (P6, G6, G610 etc..) would work on G630?

There is not many information regarding rooting or flashing this phone on the internet, so if someone has suggestions im all ears!

June 15th, 2014; Phone has been rooted successfully with vROOT.

-------------------
Quick specs
-------------------

*5" IPS 720p LCD Screen (HD 720x1280) ~294 ppi.
*1,2Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon (Quadcore).
*Adreno 305 GPU.
*1024mb DDR Ram.
*4Gb Rom (2Gb user available) + 32Gb SD-Card (Class 10)
*8mp HD Camera (1920x1080), 2mp Front Camera (800x600).
*WiFi b/g/n, aGPS, BT4.0, NFC chip and a 2000 mAh battery (non removable).
*Android 4.3.3 & Huawei EmotionUI 2.0
hello..can you help me about this phone? huawei g630 i want to root it..and i need to know more about everything on android. please PM me or ADD me on fb jessie dimaiwat. i am newbei here. thanks

samsungshah
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by danee91 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Official Huawei B127 ROM for G630-U20 /European WCDMA version - it works in most states of EU (Kernel 3.4.0+ Baseband version: 203040)

http://download-c.huawei.com/downloa...wnloadId=23771
is there any chance these people provide us Kitkat Upgrade?

danee91
Old
(Last edited by danee91; 18th August 2014 at 04:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygbrno View Post
How install. I have B126 movistar
I think you can only install Huawei ROMs verified by Movistar (currently B126).

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher122991 View Post
hello..can you help me about this phone? huawei g630 i want to root it..and i need to know more about everything on android. please PM me or ADD me on fb jessie dimaiwat. i am newbei here. thanks
You can only root it, if you unlock your phone's bootloader. To do this, send az e-mail to mobile@huawei.com, with subject "unlocking bootloader G630". Send them your IMEI, then your phone's version (for example G630-U00, G630-U10, G630-U20 etc), and your S/N (serial). And you have to accept to void the warranty in the e-mail.

If your phone is SIM locked, then there's a chance you can't unlock your bootloader due to operator restrictions.
Unlocking bootloader will void your warranty.

You will get an e-mail from Huawei with a code, use it in fastboot mode, to unlock the bootloader, then install TWRP recovery, and root your phone.

slasher122991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default huawei g630

Quote:
Originally Posted by danee91 View Post
I think you can only install Huawei ROMs verified by Movistar (currently B126).

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

You can only root it, if you unlock your phone's bootloader. To do this, send az e-mail to mobile@huawei.com, with subject "unlocking bootloader G630". Send them your IMEI, then your phone's version (for example G630-U00, G630-U10, G630-U20 etc), and your S/N (serial). And you have to accept to void the warranty in the e-mail.

If your phone is SIM locked, then there's a chance you can't unlock your bootloader due to operator restrictions.
Unlocking bootloader will void your warranty.

You will get an e-mail from Huawei with a code, use it in fastboot mode, to unlock the bootloader, then install TWRP recovery, and root your phone.
sir can you tell me please what is that bootloader? if i unlock that what would be happen to my phone? is that the first thing to do before to root? or i can root my phone without unlocking bootloader? thanks sir

danee91
Old
(Last edited by danee91; 19th August 2014 at 02:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
sir can you tell me please what is that bootloader? if i unlock that what would be happen to my phone? is that the first thing to do before to root? or i can root my phone without unlocking bootloader? thanks sir
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...omplete-guide/

Unlocked bootloader is a condition to install a Custom Recovery, or a Custom ROM to your phone, and with one of these you can gain root acces.

You can do force upgrade methods to gain root acces with your locked(!) bootloader phone, but these processes usually cause problems around rooting procedure, or sometimes working or not working or missing SU binaries, etc.

slasher122991
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default huawei g630

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygbrno View Post
after receiving the code from Huawei I unlocked the bootloader and root performed using the "root genius," everything OK
sir if i receive the unlock code where i put that and how? please teach me.thanks

danee91
Old
(Last edited by danee91; 20th August 2014 at 10:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
sir if i receive the unlock code where i put that and how? please teach me.thanks
Set the device into fastboot mode, install fastboot drivers, and open CMD (in the path where fastboot.exe is found):

fastboot devices ---> it shows a device name, if the fastboot drivers are correctly installed (like fmgllglmym fastboot device)

If it's OK, then:

fastboot oem unlock XYZ (replace XYZ with the CODE you get from Huawei)

THEN:

fastboot reboot

Here's a JPG:

http://www.android-hilfe.de/attachme...der_locked.jpg

Tags
huawei ascend g630, huawei ascend g630-u20, huawei g630