Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from yuweng: Easy Magic PhilZ Touch Installer for MediaTek Devices ONLY

Easy Magic PhilZ Touch Installer for MediaTek Devices ONLY

Tip us?

Kunal.Kene.1797
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Thumbs up Okhe...

Yeah thx...i will keep using the previous Philz beccause it works perfectly on my Device!

Phone: KarbonnA26 [MT6572]
◢ROM: Stock ROM [Rooted][Jellybean 4.2.2]
◢Recovery: Philz Recovery Touch 6.0.4.8
◢Kernel: Stock 3.4.5+

IF YOU THINK I HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON THAT WON'T COST YOU A THING PLEASE DON'T PRESS THANKS IF I HAVEN'T HELPED

princemouli
Old
(Last edited by princemouli; 9th August 2014 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42
deleted

yuweng
Old
(Last edited by yuweng; 7th August 2014 at 09:11 PM.) Reason: Update info . . .
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2293
Updates
Fixed by Phil3759 . . .

Found out it was AOSP codes started from here onwards & this affects ONLY a few MTKs so i guess you'll have to live with it or do as Kunal.Kene.1797 above . . .

It's a huge code changes & i donno what/ where causes it not to reboot to recovery but as mentioned at least it boots to recovery using cold reboot . . .

Its easier to reboot to recovery with the USB cable attach to your PC or charger to catch that particular period . . .

Steps
  1. With the USB cable attached, shut down, take out the battery, wait a while then put it back
  2. Wait until you see the charging icon, NOW hold Volume Up or Down, don't let go then press the Power button until it boots up PhilZ Touch

Tested this on the only 1# of MTK that i have, that doesn't warm reboot recovery & it works every time with above technique. . .

All my other MTKs doesn't have this problem . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vishesh
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Can someone port this recovery for micromax canvas HD plus a190?

JUST PRESS MY BUTTON~~~ IF I HELP YOU

yuweng
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2293
As the title says, its device specific & can't be ported to others, ask your dm if there is one or you can also DIY, its not that hard, only need your . . .

1. Willingness to learn, READ & continue trying . . .
  2. Refer to the compatible BoardConfig.mk & build CWM first
  3. When CWM boots then refer to here . . .

Good Luck . . .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

princemouli
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Thumbs up Thank you very much brother...

succesfully ported the new recovery version 6.56.2 to celkon A97i...
your tool worked like a charm

Thank you very much brother.......
The Following User Says Thank You to princemouli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droiddeb
Old
(Last edited by droiddeb; 13th August 2014 at 12:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I could flash the new 6.52.2 FTR very easily in my Spice Mi-504 (MT6572) but failed to flash in Xolo Q3000 (MT6589T). The AROMA Filemanager in MT6572 is flipped, otherwise it's perfect.

macmx
Old
(Last edited by macmx; Yesterday at 12:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Hi master @yuweng

I tried many tutorials, many tools and many combinations and nothing seems to work, so i came here with the hope of get another chance but it finished as far as when i read "...does not support MTK Alcatel devices with /custpack partition"

First of all, the evil: an Alcatel alpha or Alcatel 6032a or TCL S860. All that models are the same phone. The phone has a MT6589 soc.

So i've tried with your CTR tool, the tutorials of master @carliv and then reading in one of his posts, i fall then in the last restriction for having a decent recovery.. carliv wrote something like the recovery will not work on devices without external sd-card.

So i think i dont have another option. Do you guys know something different or an alternative? can you just point me to the right direction?

If i miss to mention something my stock boot.img, recovery.img and scatter files are:

h**ps: // drive.google.com/file/d/0B2y9zSqK4eTQM0FrV1p6NF9QZkU/

Thanks in advance!

yuweng
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2293
Your scatter.txt shows that you have a recovery partition of 20Mb then most probably TWRP will work . . .

The Following User Says Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
mediatek, mtk, philz touch, porting tool, recovery