Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 51,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hotspot hack?

Tip us?

Giopand
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiyaman35 View Post
Awesome it worked thanks

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

One more thing when I get to the Apn type area it won't let me click on the area it's dark and wont allow me to enter dun

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
I saw your problem that you cannot click on the APN Type area because it's like blocked. I saw it yesterday on a Galaxy Note 2. For some reason it doesn't allow you to click on it I try to find another way and I didn't find how to do it when that happens.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

idone
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giopand View Post
I saw your problem that you cannot click on the APN Type area because it's like blocked. I saw it yesterday on a Galaxy Note 2. For some reason it doesn't allow you to click on it I try to find another way and I didn't find how to do it when that happens.

Guys I posted how to edit the file manually and what/where the file is in the first post of the other thread. That way you dont need to do ##data# nor do you need your msl but you do need root.
Towelroot works fine and you can just delete the su binary and uninstall the app if you dont want to keep root.

This should work on note 2 as well as all other galaxy devices and maybe all sprint phones.
telephony.db under carriers, last 2 lines are the apns you need to add dun to in the database.

Giopand
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by idone View Post
Guys I posted how to edit the file manually and what/where the file is in the first post of the other thread. That way you dont need to do ##data# nor do you need your msl but you do need root.
Towelroot works fine and you can just delete the su binary and uninstall the app if you dont want to keep root.

This should work on note 2 as well as all other galaxy devices and maybe all sprint phones.
telephony.db under carriers, last 2 lines are the apns you need to add dun to in the database.
What's the link for that post? So I can read the info. Thanks.

idone
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giopand View Post
What's the link for that post? So I can read the info. Thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2796994

Giopand
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by idone View Post
Thanks dude. A fried have that issue. Is there any other method to fix that problem without rooting the phone?

mnxd9
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefuhr View Post

Rooted Stock version NC5....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Big thanks natefuhr!

This clarified it enough for me to figure out it had to be the "internet" eherp and lte ( and not the ota) values that need to be changed it wasn't totally clear, thank you.

And it works! The wifi router app crashed my note 2 constantly, got my note 3 today, and I'm totally set, in love!
The Following User Says Thank You to mnxd9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Giopand
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnxd9 View Post
Big thanks natefuhr!

This clarified it enough for me to figure out it had to be the "internet" eherp and lte ( and not the ota) values that need to be changed it wasn't totally clear, thank you.

And it works! The wifi router app crashed my note 2 constantly, got my note 3 today, and I'm totally set, in love!
Apparently you never did a search on the forum for the answer, detailed instructions are everywhere.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53823401

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53892053
The Following User Says Thank You to Giopand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mnxd9
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You are correct, I just got the phone and was browsing the forums and started clicking links until I found interesting posts, it was easier to keep reading than searching since I was sure I'd find relevant info in there, your post and link are much clearer and nicer, being that I screwed up my phone the first go around, I'll be sure to reference your post for this next time.

So thanks.

Tungsten c
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo42o View Post
It's not free but wifi teether router works perfect with 4.3 and 4.4 I'm rooted everything stock NC5. It's worth the money
So far for me it's the best solution. Works great and it's not that expensive.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app