Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cyanogenmod 11 [Official Nightlies]

Tip us?

magnamentis
Old
Thanks Meter 867
Default just a bi of fun but still true :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtEExll View Post
Hi guys!
What is the best kernel for this Rom?
Most import from kernel is no bugs with Bluetooth, the phone is not mine. Thanks in advance.
let me ask you a question, i'm kidding a bit but still have a reason

how many kernels for this rom did you find and if it's more than 1 or 2, how many are current ? because if you go an search for CM compatible kernels you will know why i ask. thereafter i promise to share my experience with kernel(s) on this phone and this rom with you in detail generally as you can see in my sig i'm on CM-Kernel right now and that's in my opinion the answer

In use:
N7000 TouchWizz_4.1.2
N7100 CM11_CMKernel_Xposed
I9100_Black CM11 CMKernel Xposed
I9100_White CM11_CMKernel_Xposed
Nexus 4 Cataclysm_Franco_Dalvik_Bionic

One+ 1 64GB Black CM11_AKKernel_Xposed
Nexus 5 32GB Black CM11_ElementalX_Xposed

Past: AOSNP_PAC_OMNI_PA_CM11s_Vanilla_Devil_Thor_Doriman x_Faux_Bricked_Chaos

http://philosophy.net.magnamentis.co...ssence-r-1.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to magnamentis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AtEExll
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamentis View Post
let me ask you a question, i'm kidding a bit but still have a reason

how many kernels for this rom did you find and if it's more than 1 or 2, how many are current ? because if you go an search for CM compatible kernels you will know why i ask. thereafter i promise to share my experience with kernel(s) on this phone and this rom with you in detail generally as you can see in my sig i'm on CM-Kernel right now and that's in my opinion the answer
Than stock kernel haven't bugs with Bluetooth?

Thank you, your eye and your biblical signature marbella's girl ;-p

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
CyanogenMod 11 + ART

magnamentis
Old
(Last edited by magnamentis; 17th August 2014 at 11:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 867
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtEExll View Post
Than stock kernel haven't bugs with Bluetooth?
Thank you, your eye and your biblical signature marbella's girl ;-p
perhaps you did as is suggested and found out that there is only one kernel for our device which is half way current and cm11 compatible. there might be home made or less known around but that's not what we mean when talking reknown kernels.

so that kernel is agni-kernel which i had installed 2 or 3 times, each time for many weeks or even months.

that kernel was good but not the kind i really keep for my devices lifetime. to explain that would take a booklet but let me say. nothing really bad just many little things which are not after my gusto. two key points worth to mention would perhaps be that the dev does not have the device and that the dev announced to pause development for personal reasons which is not a good idea for a cm-compatible kernel. as we know cm does change things significantly sometimes and then one would need kernel update within hours. not that anything happened in that direction but i did not feel comfortable. however now let's talk about bluetooth.

i did not encounter any bluetooth issues anymore after i found a set of workarounds which i posted in this and other cm-threads. still i cannot speak for every device, car-installation or whatever one would want to connect. i've heard that the issues are mostly with car handsfree and built in media centers which i do not use and thus cannot tell whether the problems persist. i'm using 2 kinds bluetooth headsets, sena bluetooth helmet radio as well as nokia bt505 in-ear headset for my braincap and those work well now with my workarounds. don't even know if they work without workarounds because why should i try since i automated everything in tasker.

to mention the most effective workaround for music streaming to bluetooth headphones is to switch of phone audio in the bluetooth setting for each paired device, but again that would make it impossible to make calls which corresponds with what i've heard. last but not least it's a fact that the issues improved very much, let's say 80% of former issues are gone while some users still have trouble.

my suggestion: make a nandroid backup of your current configuration and make a minimum setup so that you can test the bluetooth functionality all you need for that would be some music to stream and to pair the devices you wanna use and try to make calls and listen to the music. by the way i use bluetooth gps in my phaeton with metallic windshield and that works flawless as well. with a little luck all works well and you can complete the installation of your userspace and if not, it will take you 5 minutes to go back to your former state, using your nandroid backup hope that helps

here is a little excerpt from one of my previous posts about bluetooth issues with cm
but please be aware that it's some time since and something might have changed to the better, only thing i can confirm ist that with the workarounds all works well on this device with cm11

don't know if it helps but this is what i can tell about bluetooth and CM

N7100: similar issues like on Nexus 5 but solvable with workarounds which i've posted many times
in several threads. result, no issues with phone audio off in bluetooth settings ( thus only a workaround for some )
buffer read ahead set to 2048 and 5Ghz Wifi off when bluetooth on with tasker automated.

Nexus 5: no workaround found to make dropouts go entirely away, thus not good enough to listen to music
via bluetooth in a car or on a motorbike, it's too dangerous to make the audio work again, with phone calls
( handsfree it's even worse, basically unusable in many cars and with many headsets. etc. )
it's slightly better with elementalX kernel but still not perfect with all headsets. (works well with
nokia 505, not so good with SENA bluetooth 4.3 firmware, 5.1 firmware not tested since i changed to the "One" as my main media device

OnePlus One: no issues at all, all bluetooth functions work perfectly well for dozens of hours since i have the device

Galaxy S2: no issues at all, only a bit lagy due to underpower ( cpu, gpu and ram wise )

nexus 4: no issues at all

enjoy

In use:
N7000 TouchWizz_4.1.2
N7100 CM11_CMKernel_Xposed
I9100_Black CM11 CMKernel Xposed
I9100_White CM11_CMKernel_Xposed
Nexus 4 Cataclysm_Franco_Dalvik_Bionic

One+ 1 64GB Black CM11_AKKernel_Xposed
Nexus 5 32GB Black CM11_ElementalX_Xposed

Past: AOSNP_PAC_OMNI_PA_CM11s_Vanilla_Devil_Thor_Doriman x_Faux_Bricked_Chaos

http://philosophy.net.magnamentis.co...ssence-r-1.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to magnamentis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hemdroid.1
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Hey guys just a little question , can i install SAMSUNG GROUP PLAY , S BEAM ,NFC OR SENSORS ....
[IMG][/IMG]

lgil25
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemdroid.1 View Post
Hey guys just a little question , can i install SAMSUNG GROUP PLAY , S BEAM ,NFC OR SENSORS ....
Group play and s beam require the touchwiz framework... So no.

CM11 already has NFC built in.

What do you mean by sensors? All the regular sensors work fine.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app