Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 38,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.x+] CyanogenMod Apollo - Music Player (Updated 18.04.14)

Tip us?

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xorgx3 View Post
Hi,
At first thank you for your work. This is probably the best free android music app.

I have a several ideas of features:
1.Swipe to change song(exsist in your todo now)
2.Now if we disconnect headphones music stops playing, but apps not close. It will be great if I can choose behaviour after disconnect headphones cable.
3.Apollo own lockscreen(something like for example poweramp).
4.Playing music from catalog, not by "artitst", "genre", "album", but from specific directory.

What do you think about that?
1. It already is in to do, that means that I'll do this when I'll be able to do that.
2. What's the point of this? Android also handles ram differently so if it stays in ram, then it's good as it's not chewing up any resources if nothing is playing.
3. Will need a lot of coding which would make the app heavier and on android 4.3+ you have lockscreen widgets so I don't really see the point, but it is indeed a good suggestion.
4. It has been mentioned lots of times and now I actually came up with an idea how to handle this (I'm not saying that I'll do it right now, but I do have the design idea for it).

BTW. New release coming somewhere at the end of the month with more improvements.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

Frecciablu(2)
Old
(Last edited by Frecciablu(2); 18th August 2014 at 01:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
1. It already is in to do, that means that I'll do this when I'll be able to do that.
2. What's the point of this? Android also handles ram differently so if it stays in ram, then it's good as it's not chewing up any resources if nothing is playing.
3. Will need a lot of coding which would make the app heavier and on android 4.3+ you have lockscreen widgets so I don't really see the point, but it is indeed a good suggestion.
4. It has been mentioned lots of times and now I actually came up with an idea how to handle this (I'm not saying that I'll do it right now, but I do have the design idea for it).

BTW. New release coming somewhere at the end of the month with more improvements.
Just to let you know, the only thing i miss is lyrics. And well, folder list is nice suggestion.

Otherwise your app is very good

Just to know, i guess that if google play music make lyrics, it would be easier to you, put the features in apollo?
As google app are open source, so you can get the code..?

If so.... Do as i did (put 1star >=) in comment for play music, asking for lyrics in player ) would raise chance to have the features? xD

inviato con tapatalk dal mio LG dual (p990) cm11 17/07/14 m1

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1117

DONATE TO ME
Do you mean the lyrics? I'm actually keen on doing this, but it'd be a big thing to do and I'm not that experienced yet. I'm also on holidays until the end of this month with no access to any PC.

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

Frecciablu(2)
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Do you mean the lyrics? I'm actually keen on doing this, but it'd be a big thing to do and I'm not that experienced yet. I'm also on holidays until the end of this month with no access to any PC.
Yes, lyrics
And i would know, if google play music make it, will be easier to you, right?

Sandivisi
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Naah, will wait!

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecciablu(2) View Post
Yes, lyrics
And i would know, if google play music make it, will be easier to you, right?

Well, not really as Google play music is a closed source app.

SpyrusTheGreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
On Cyanogenmod 10 nightly build (smultron - xperia mini) i had constant crash when browsing on artists with mobile data uploading.
To me seems a memory leak with two many artists to update.

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1117

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrusTheGreat View Post
On Cyanogenmod 10 nightly build (smultron - xperia mini) i had constant crash when browsing on artists with mobile data uploading.
To me seems a memory leak with two many artists to update.
Please try to give me some more information on this.

SebaKL
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quick question regarding "Folder View". Just out of curiosity, if any of you would be kind to enlighten me.

Why is the "Folder View" such a rare feature among Android players ? Having a folder with over 200 mp3s
of varies artists (best of Indie Rock 2013), creates almost as many "Albums" and "Artists" in the list. Having
few of such folders, make the list endless and sorting the music is so much hassle.

It is probably my favorite feature of my previous Samsung devices, which I dearly miss, now that I moved to Cyanogen
powered OnePlus One. I did find some players in the Google Play, but their interface is not really appealing.

Anyway, it's not a matter of life or death. I'm just curious.

Have a nice day ./ evening ahead

With best regards

Seba

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1117

DONATE TO ME
I think that's because it's not that easy to do this.