Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD/PORT]: Note 3's S-Pen Air (with Air Command Feature) for Note 8

Tip us?
 
gabripranzo
Old
#91  
gabripranzo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 111
Posts: 474
Join Date: Aug 2012
@jazzespresso in Note 2 android development there's a new thread about full Aircommand port and Note 3 features for every Note 2 kitkat deodexed rom. Maybe it can be helpful to improve your porting for Note 8.
The developer is also a very kind and polite guy, he's a great contributor in Note 2 development.
This is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2843625

Sent from Galaxy Note 8.0 GTN5100
 
jazzespresso
Old
#92  
jazzespresso's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 606
Posts: 1,170
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabripranzo View Post
@jazzespresso in Note 2 android development there's a new thread about full Aircommand port and Note 3 features for every Note 2 kitkat deodexed rom. Maybe it can be helpful to improve your porting for Note 8.
The developer is also a very kind and polite guy, he's a great contributor in Note 2 development.
This is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2843625

Sent from Galaxy Note 8.0 GTN5100
what improvement you are talking about? if you read the thread's OP, realized that this one also based on the same source, the fact that he just made it standalone for Note II stock ROMs, content of the files (I checked) are the same.
also, keep in mind that Note 3 to Note II is quite easy since many of frameworks already included in stock Samsung 4.4.2 in Note II, on the contrary your Note 8's 4.4.2 missing a lot of them (thanks to Samsung).
Of course, I will take a look it and see if he actually did some improvement or simply re-packed the air command package for standalone installation.
"Chaos is order yet undeciphered"

================================================== ================
  • Nexus 7 WiFi (2012) - [KK 4.4.4 KTU84P] ♦ [CM11 M9]
  • Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T, Stock ROM 4.4.2
  • Galaxy Tab 2 7 - GT-P3113 - 4.4.4 - Official SlimKat ROM
  • Galaxy Note 8.0 - GT-N5110 - 4.4.2 CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0_Rev1.8 with SPen Air Feature
  • HP TouchPad - WebOS - still one of the best OS!
================================================== ================
The Following User Says Thank You to jazzespresso For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gabripranzo
Old
#93  
gabripranzo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 111
Posts: 474
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzespresso View Post
what improvement you are talking about? if you read the thread's OP, realized that this one also based on the same source, the fact that he just made it standalone for Note II stock ROMs, content of the files (I checked) are the same.
also, keep in mind that Note 3 to Note II is quite easy since many of frameworks already included in stock Samsung 4.4.2 in Note II, on the contrary your Note 8's 4.4.2 missing a lot of them (thanks to Samsung).
Of course, I will take a look it and see if he actually did some improvement or simply re-packed the air command package for standalone installation.
Every work can be improved
I thought it could be useful, since I follow both Note 8 and Note 2 development, and this is the first time someone releases full Aircommand and Note 3 features for every Note 2 stock Rom.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk
 
the_ziom
Old
#94  
the_ziom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 126
Join Date: Nov 2012
Hello I just boughed a note 8.0 and im waiting for it to come so just a quick question will this mod work on the stock rom?
HTC ONE S (S4)


Hit That Thanks Button if I Helped You
 
CCallahan
Old
#95  
CCallahan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 618
Posts: 1,872
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rock Chalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ziom View Post
Hello I just boughed a note 8.0 and im waiting for it to come so just a quick question will this mod work on the stock rom?
Yes. This should work fine on the stock rom.
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
All Projects Currently On Hold
 
the_ziom
Old
#96  
the_ziom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 126
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCallahan View Post
Yes. This should work fine on the stock rom.
Thank you. for your answer and i got another question because ive watched the video on this thread and do you have to launch the app/shortcut to open the air command?
HTC ONE S (S4)


Hit That Thanks Button if I Helped You
 
CCallahan
Old
(Last edited by CCallahan; 20th August 2014 at 06:16 PM.)
#97  
CCallahan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 618
Posts: 1,872
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rock Chalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ziom View Post
Thank you. for your answer and i got another question because ive watched the video on this thread and do you have to launch the app/shortcut to open the air command?
Most of us use GMD Air Command Shortcut app from the Play Store. You can set it up (with S Pen Launcher Settings app) so when the spen is detached air command menu will open up automatically. The issue comes when exiting the menu with the SPen still detached and then wanting it to pop back up. Since the button on the SPen does not trigger the menu like it does on the newer Note devices there are a few options:

1) Place a shortcut to GMD Air Command Shortcut app on your home screen and use that to open.
2) Get something like GMD SPen Control app that lets you set up SPen gestures that can be used to re-open the menu
3) Do what a lot of us running custom roms do and use Xposed Modules (such as XBlast) to open the menu when pressing a certain area of the screen

I have mine to re-open whenever I press-hold with the spen on the notification bar just like I'm sure many others do. This way it is available from any screen.
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
All Projects Currently On Hold

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes