Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from ne0zone75: This project is almost freezed ATM...

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE&DEV] TWRP [JB/KK][TF300T] v2.7.1.x | Updated 2014-08-20

Tip us?

ne0zone75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktendo View Post
Flashed it via TWRP as usual, when reverting to previous stable put the latest stable zip in cm updater and use that automated install (because could not do it via TWRP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by das chaos View Post
Same here. Double screen. No working surface.
Hello there and good morning to you,

Thank you for having tested latest TRYOUTS build !

New one is building and should work as intended because i've just recovered from a data disaster on one of my build boxes and restoration messed my Android sources up a little bit :X

Besides, my sources are now properly restored and i am currently building current weekly (7.4) for TF300T/TF201 AND new TRYOUTS recovery which should go to the STABLE branch... ;good:

Again, sorry for the inconvenience with current TRYOUTS recovery,

My very best and kind regards

Tapatalked from my TF701T

ne0zone75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 776
Angry New TRYOUT is online !

Good afternoon,

Post #1 is updated for this new build which should work well... (Dev-Host ONLY for the moment; xda downloads tab will be updated later...)

Execution / Installation / Upgrade lis the same as previous TRYOUT build

Does anybody could take screenshots of this build running please ? I would like to update the screenshots section of this project a little bit, thanks !

As usual feel free to post any comment / feedback here...

Nice day to all of you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

das chaos
Old
(Last edited by das chaos; 20th August 2014 at 02:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0zone75 View Post
Good afternoon,

Post #1 is updated for this new build which should work well... (Dev-Host ONLY for the moment; xda downloads tab will be updated later...)

Execution / Installation / Upgrade lis the same as previous TRYOUT build

Does anybody could take screenshots of this build running please ? I would like to update the screenshots section of this project a little bit, thanks !

As usual feel free to post any comment / feedback here...

Nice day to all of you
New Tryout dev running fine this time; probably faster than other TWRP builds..
Except: Screenshot function doesn't seem to work. On pressing power +vol up TWRP makes sort of flashing and clicking but there is no /Pictures/screenshot directory on my miniSD. Didn't find screenshots on other locations.

Edit: doesn't work fine! Tryout doesn't recognize Internal storage showing 0 MB. In terminal there is no /storage mounted. Probably TWRP tryout doesn't recognize f2fs partition. Msg: "unable to mount E:/data"
The Following User Says Thank You to das chaos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ne0zone75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 776
Quote:
New Tryout dev running fine this time; probably faster than other TWRP builds..
Except: Screenshot function doesn't seem to work. On pressing power +vol up TWRP makes sort of flashing and clicking but there is no /Pictures/screenshot directory on my miniSD. Didn't find screenshots on other locations.

Edit: doesn't work fine! Tryout doesn't recognize Internal storage showing 0 MB. In terminal there is no /storage mounted. Probably TWRP tryout doesn't recognize f2fs partition. Msg: "unable to mount E:/data"
Allright,

You are absolutely correct : current TRYOUTS does not handle F2FS partitons at all -> besides, this is planned You can format any partition to F2FS with it BUT these builds cannot mount them at all ! (kernel side not implemented yet...)

I am not surprised that they are fast because they have been compiled using Official Linaro GCC toolchain 4.7 (kernel) + 4.8 (executables) with O2 optimizations of SlimKAT ! Thank you for confirming it

Anyway, since your device's screen blinks shortly while pressing power + vol. up, that means that scrrenshot feature is working BUT it cannot store the screenshot anywhere (mount issue) => default location is microSD AND if not available, it will go to tmp directory OF the running recovery...

My very best greetings

das chaos
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0zone75 View Post
Allright,

You are absolutely correct : current TRYOUTS does not handle F2FS partitons at all -> besides, this is planned You can format any partition to F2FS with it BUT these builds cannot mount them at all ! (kernel side not implemented yet...)

I am not surprised that they are fast because they have been compiled using Official Linaro GCC toolchain 4.7 (kernel) + 4.8 (executables) with O2 optimizations of SlimKAT ! Thank you for confirming it

Anyway, since your device's screen blinks shortly while pressing power + vol. up, that means that scrrenshot feature is working BUT it cannot store the screenshot anywhere (mount issue) => default location is microSD AND if not available, it will go to tmp directory OF the running recovery...

My very best greetings
Keep on going!

... but you render me puzzled: how can you format a partition f2fs if you cannot mount it?
The Following User Says Thank You to das chaos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ne0zone75
Old
(Last edited by ne0zone75; 20th August 2014 at 03:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 776
Quote:
Keep on going!

... but you render me puzzled: how can you format a partition f2fs if you cannot mount it?
There is a mkfs. f2fs executable embedded into the recovery which can run it (ramdisk) BUT its kernel is not F2FS enabled at all. So 'converting' any filesystem to F2FS works BUT if your partition is already F2FS formatted then mount command will fail and mkfs.f2fs will not even run.

Thanks for your support
Tags
recovery, tf300t, twrp