Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 41,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Walkman App Hi-Res internal + USB DAC playback

Tip us?

Zentheld
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Wait, so you did turn on the Hi-res Audio via USB option in the sound settings?

nrbatista
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I confirm that the Z2 works flawlessly with the Fiio X3 USB DAC even for 192/24 audio files. There is no downsampling as the X3 is presenting the sample rate of the music's I'm playing. I had the Hi-res audio turned on.

V4LKyR
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrbatista View Post
I confirm that the Z2 works flawlessly with the Fiio X3 USB DAC even for 192/24 audio files. There is no downsampling as the X3 is presenting the sample rate of the music's I'm playing. I had the Hi-res audio turned on.
I just noticed that you joined this site in 2006 and this is your first post.

Wow!

mishooo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Speaking of audio has anyone found a way to increase the normal (not usb) output to hi-res ?

prazvt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishooo View Post
Speaking of audio has anyone found a way to increase the normal (not usb) output to hi-res ?
I have not as of yet. In fact I'm having some trouble with USB output w/ the current firmware. Whether Hi Res USB Output option is checked or not, I'm getting pops and crackles on playback. Though mostly it's with Pandora or Beats Music. Not sure what's causing it. Does the same thing with my Microstreamer and my FiiO x5 (in DAC mode).

Running .314 firmware. Anyone else have issues?

ramordep
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Interestingly Fiio E10 works on Z2 but you have to charge it using magnetic charger as it consumes a lot of battery

prazvt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Are you rooted and / or did you unlock your bootloader? Trying to determine why mine isn't working right. I did a fresh firmware install of 0.314 and same thing.

nrbatista
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by prazvt View Post
Are you rooted and / or did you unlock your bootloader? Trying to determine why mine isn't working right. I did a fresh firmware install of 0.314 and same thing.
Hello, my Z2 is not rooted and I didn't unlock the bootloader either. The only thing I did was to turn on the Hi-res Audio via USB option in the sound settings. If you have this set, I don't really know what could be wrong unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Hello, my Z2 is not rooted and I didn't unlock the bootloader either. The only thing I did was to turn on the Hi-res Audio via USB option in the sound settings. If you have this set, I don't really know what could be wrong unfortunately.
BTW, my X3 is running v3.

prazvt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

BTW, my X3 is running v3.
Okay good to know - thx nrbatista.