Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mirrorlink, Car app with Alpine ICS. NO Audio! (Drivelink)

Tip us?

bda714
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default test with Samsung app;

So I did some more playing around with the app that you posted a link to. I actually got the app to work in mirror mode, like I had told you before, when you connect a SIII Galaxy to the stereo about 3 or 4 diffrent apps appear on the stereo screen, one is called car mode, one is mirror mode, then navigation mode. (Those names might not be accurate but something like that) I think there may have been one more but it has been a long time. With my M8 connected, the only one that showed up was car mode. I believe the difference in mirrormode is that it is not considered "driving safe". I am assuming this because the way that it finally started working was when I "engaged the parking brake" (flipped the switch to bypass it). I did have to uninstall the HTC Car app also to get it to work, however when it rebooted the HTC Car app was back and the Drivelink app still worked. This time the Car app had a apk shortcut in the app tray and it did not before. Well, all this and still everything I did still never resulted in a working sound connection. Have you looked into the "tm server" apk? I believe it had something to do with the Drivellink app functioning properly. If you need any more info please let me know. Thank you for all your help.

jskup
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Well the problem with trying a third party MirrorLink app is that I don't believe one was ever made, because each vendor was putting their own special sauce into the application to make it work. That's why when getting Samsung DrinkLink and Nokia's Car Mode with Mirrorlink, you always went to the individual vendor's app store rather than Google Play in general. This may have changed more recently, but that's how it was in the days of the Galaxy S3 generation.

Device I used at that time was a Sony XAV-601BT

I haven't fooled with Sony's specific MirrorLink implementation yet. They were a little bit later to the party than Samsung and Nokia.

darthspork
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Problem

I too have just purchased the M8 and own the ICS-X7 and as well I am having the same problem , I see that some posts are a couple months old and still no response from HTC or even an update.

has someone managed to get this to work ?

bda714
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Good news!! Finally!!

So this is the latest on this problem and I'm sure you all have already heard, if anyone has even continued to pursue it, but I figured since no one had put it up yet and that there is still recent posts that I would take the liberty. Before you read this, just want to say thanks to everyone for the effort and work on this problem, even some of those whose problem it wasn't, yet they still put in work. Thank you community!!
Quote:
Aug 11, 2014, 5:31 AM

HTC and the Car Connectivity Consortium today announced that a forthcoming software update will make the One (M8) MirrorLink compatible. MirrorLink is a connectivity tool for pairing smartphones and cars. It works across smartphone platforms and car manufacturers, and, according to the CCC, is the only vendor-neutral standard available. With MirrorLink aboard, the One (M8) will be able to connect to select in-car infotainment systems,m allowing drivers to more safely access their phone's content when behind the wheel. It's unclear how many cars currently support MirrorLink, but the CCC hopes with HTC's support more will choose to support it. Apple and Google both recently announced their own connectivity solutions for cars, which are expected to appear in iOS 8 and Android Release L, respectively. HTC said it will add MirrorLink support to mode devices down the road.
PDF >>And here is more on that.
The Following User Says Thank You to bda714 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pedderd
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bda714 View Post
So this is the latest on this problem and I'm sure you all have already heard, if anyone has even continued to pursue it, but I figured since no one had put it up yet and that there is still recent posts that I would take the liberty. Before you read this, just want to say thanks to everyone for the effort and work on this problem, even some of those whose problem it wasn't, yet they still put in work. Thank you community!!
PDF >>And here is more on that.
Do you have your car app updated then ?

bda714
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedderd View Post
Do you have your car app updated then ?
No, as I understand it, the update will be coming as an ota update via the service provider. So it is up to each provider individually to release their proprietary update and make it happen. I haven't found any word on any of them pushing a packet as of yet. When the first area gets it I would imagine that someone will post it though and we will be able to flash it ourselves just like any other ota, rather than waiting for it to make its way around the globe.
Tags
alpine, car audio/video, drivelink, mirrorlink, no audio