Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][XPOSED] Fire TV Mods by rbox

Tip us?

moeduss
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeffernan View Post
Could you sideload DroidMote onto the FireTV to enable these modules without needing a USB Mouse?

No way around the fact of not having to use an actual mouse?
Posted somewhere in this thread someone said something about using limitless remote on the fire tv, it does work I have been using it, it works well
It has the mouse,keyboard and some other features and they work.
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk 2

DHeffernan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeduss View Post
Posted somewhere in this thread someone said something about using limitless remote on the fire tv, it does work I have been using it, it works well
It has the mouse,keyboard and some other features and they work.
So the limitless remote would allow us to check these things off in the Xposed Framework to make it all work?

moeduss
Old
(Last edited by moeduss; 18th August 2014 at 06:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
So the limitless remote would allow us to check these things off in the Xposed Framework to make it all work?
Yes it will, I use it all the time now, I don't have to get up from the couch to do anything, can do it all from my couch whether it is mouse, keyboard, number pad, game controller or media. Works great.

You well need to install the limitless services onto your fire tv and install limitless remote onto your phone or tablet or whatever you are going to use that might be applicable.

DHeffernan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Yes it will, I use it all the time now, I don't have to get up from the couch to do anything, can do it all from my couch whether it is mouse, keyboard, number pad, game controller or media. Works great.

You well need to install the limitless services onto your fire tv and install limitless remote onto your phone or tablet or whatever you are going to use that might be applicable.

Alright, is there a tutorial on this or where I can obtain the apk files? Thanks for the info by the way!

moeduss
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Alright, is there a tutorial on this or where I can obtain the apk files? Thanks for the info by the way!
I got them both from the play store,they are both free, I was just looking and didn't see it mentioned in this thread, I know I saw it somewhere around xda, not that it matters, what does though is that it works on the fire tv, it controls xbmc and all it is a good app to have on the fire tv.

DHeffernan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I got them both from the play store,they are both free, I was just looking and didn't see it mentioned in this thread, I know I saw it somewhere around xda, not that it matters, what does though is that it works on the fire tv, it controls xbmc and all it is a good app to have on the fire tv.

Hmm.. ok but to get the play store I need to enable a module. That's my problem.. and I cant enable the neccessary module without using a Mouse..

Know what I'm getting at?

moeduss
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Hmm.. ok but to get the play store I need to enable a module. That's my problem.. and I cant enable the neccessary module without using a Mouse..

Know what I'm getting at?
Yes, I just borrowed a mouse from one of the computers at home ticked the check boxes and that was the last time I used the usb mouse.

retroben
Old
(Last edited by retroben; 18th August 2014 at 10:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Just get a Logitech K400r keyboard for the built-in touchpad as a functional mouse.
My favorite keyboard to this day.

Rage Edit:I hate the limits of Android,especially the Fire TV version!
My main issues are caused by the lack of a user-friendly GUI of real-time windowed multi-tasking.
This limitation can lead to several glitches and frustrations like Retroarch returning to a black screen with sound only,instead of the game or green menu being visible.

I got screwed by Retroarch because I lost ALL of my recent Earthbound progress because the STUPID thing doesn't save immediately after telling Dad to save it.
It uses that retarded method where you have to successfully exit Retroarch manually in order to make your save concrete.
What if i get a random force close before doing that?

I'm really jones'in for a way to have uninterrupted windowed apps or programs using any method (AOSP,Custom ROM,or Linux Distro with/out Android apps),but can't do anything until the bootloader is unlocked.

userxx
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben View Post
Just get a Logitech K400r keyboard for the built-in touchpad as a functional mouse.
My favorite keyboard to this day.

Rage Edit:I hate the limits of Android,especially the Fire TV version!
My main issues are caused by the lack of a user-friendly GUI of real-time windowed multi-tasking.
This limitation can lead to several glitches and frustrations like Retroarch returning to a black screen with sound only,instead of the game or green menu being visible.

I got screwed by Retroarch because I lost ALL of my recent Earthbound progress because the STUPID thing doesn't save immediately after telling Dad to save it.
It uses that retarded method where you have to successfully exit Retroarch manually in order to make your save concrete.
What if i get a random force close before doing that?

I'm really jones'in for a way to have uninterrupted windowed apps or programs using any method (AOSP,Custom ROM,or Linux Distro with/out Android apps),but can't do anything until the bootloader is unlocked.
WTF?

retroben
Old
Thanks Meter 30
On a normal Windows 7 computer with an x86 or x32/x64 architecture,you never have to worry about the same random issues because you have real-time access to all of your open programs,plus things like Kega,Project64,Model2Emu,SSF,and a working version of Dolphin emulator.
With access to the best emus,who needs Retroarch on a Windows PC?

By Dad,I meant the guy that you never see in Earthbound that deposits thousands of dollars for you and saves your progress.
Just go play Earthbound if you're still confused,it is a really awesome game.

Tags
xposed