Touchpad Toolbox Mount Media Volume FAILED

Search This thread

gtallmadge

Apr 16, 2011
Veneta, OR
Suggest you go the the developers forum and do some reading on toolbox as well as the different ROMS.
What recovery file were you trying to use?

venky.e27

Aug 20, 2014
8 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active

Hi,

When clicked on "Install Android" in TPToolbox, I get the below lines.

>>>Checking Install files ...
8 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active
No supported recovery file found. Aborting.

Please help. I have a directory ttinstall in my HP Touchpad and it has the below files and no OS existing in it.

update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140512.zip
cm-11-20140625-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.zip
gapps-kk-20140105.zip

Attached is the klog file after I switched to the genuine HP Touch pad cable.

Attachments

• klog.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 10

venky.e27

Aug 20, 2014

MarkB64

Sep 6, 2014
For those still having issues, please try the version of Touchpad Toolbox (v41) I just released in this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54986968&postcount=293

Note that you will need to use one of the new Recoveries linked from that post.

If you still have problems with that version of TPToolbox, let me know in this thread.

Edit: I TOOK A NAP, CAME BACK & PLUGGED THE USB CABLE INTO A DIFFERENT PORT ON MY MAC. PROBLEM WENT AWAY. PROCEEDING WITH INSTALL.

I got through step 7 of this process (complete data reset), and was set to install android (completely wiping out webos).

I can no longer see the HP Touchpad as a drive. I ran v41 (tptb_v41_nix.sh) on a mac (OS 10.6.8). Seemed to work fine until end of step 7.

Tried the original USB cord that came w/ the touchpad; also moved the touchpad to connect it to a Dell PC -- no luck.

Note to dummy mac users like me: if you double click on tptb_v41_nix.sh it doesn't execute; it just opens it in a text editor. Instead, right click on it and open with Other..., and select Terminal (may have to Enable All Applications to select Terminal).

Last edited:

kumarjcet

Sep 6, 2014
Attached Klog.txt

Hi ,

i followed all the steps u mentioned on above..as per Klog.txt

only one error i noticed

Error: Driver 'msm_otg' is already registered, aborting

please help me how to overcome this issue.

Regards,
kumar

kumarjcet

Sep 6, 2014
Attached Klog.txt

Hi Jcsullins,

i am herewith attaching klog.txt.please help me to recover .

Hi ,

i followed all the steps u mentioned on above..as per Klog.txt

only one error i noticed

Error: Driver 'msm_otg' is already registered, aborting

please help me how to overcome this issue.

Regards,
kumar

Attachments

• klog.txt
    154.9 KB · Views: 18

35russ

May 27, 2014
San Carlos, CA
Yes, it should disconnect when TPToolbox starts ... then reconnect as a different type USB endpoint.

And do another disconnect/reconnect when it's supposed to give the "Mount Media".

Hopefully, the TPToolbox kernel log will provide some useful information. Here's how to get that.

1) Load TPToolbox as before and select "Mount Media"
2) Wait a minute, then select "Umount Media"
3) Select "Reboot" and start holding the VolumeUP button and hold it until you see the big USB symbol (i.e. webOS recovery)
NOTE: It's important that you go straight to the USB symbol in this way (i.e. not select webOS recovery from moboot)
If it doesn't go straight to webOS recovery (i.e. you get moboot menu or it boots to something else), you will go back to step 1.
4) Download http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/tptoolbox/palmenv.bat
NOTE: Don't include the quotes ("") surrounding the commands to be run below.
5) Open a "Command Prompt" and then run "cd Downloads" (I.e. I'm assuming you saved palmenv.bat to Downloads above)
6) Run "palmenv"
7) Now run "novacom -t open tty:// > klog.txt"
8) At this point, it should appear that that command is still running (no new command prompt appears)
9) Now type "klog last" (w/o the quotes, enter afterwards)
10) Then wait 30 seconds and the type "poweroff" (w/o the quotes, enter afterwards)

Here's what it looked like in my command-prompt window:
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\jc>cd Downloads

C:\Users\jc\Downloads>palmenv
Setting Novacom path ...

C:\Users\jc\Downloads>novacom -t open tty:// > klog.txt
klog last
poweroff

Sat Jun 07 17:21:35 2014
 novacomd socket was closed prematurely
novacom: unexpected EOF from server

C:\Users\jc\Downloads>

You should now have a file called klog.txt in your Downloads dir (or where you ran the above commands).

Upload that file somewhere and provide link here.

Thanks, I appreciate your assistance. Here is the link to the file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88325307/klog.txt

mightysween

Feb 18, 2011
Maine/USA
Moto G Stylus
In my case, neither Ubuntu 12.4 nor Windows XP would mount the touchpad regardless of what I tried. After hours of frustrstion, on a whim I threw in
a live CD of Puppy Linux (lucid) and it worked perfectly. Not sure why, but Ubuntu and Windows still wont mount it so I am using Puppy for all my Touchpad tinkering now.

shabeepk

Aug 25, 2011
Karachi
For those still having issues, please try the version of Touchpad Toolbox (v41) I just released in this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54986968&postcount=293

Note that you will need to use one of the new Recoveries linked from that post.

If you still have problems with that version of TPToolbox, let me know in this thread.
The new version (41) resolved the no ROM file issue for me... There was nothing wrong with my USB cable ... I tried 3 - 4 different cables reading the posts on the forum but the version 40 had some other issue causing the ROM file not to be detected.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did this, see if the klog helps.
    the url is dropbox.com forward slash then s/8cd53d3rthbtcvc/klog.txt

Based on that log, I think the problem is the USB cable you are using.

It thinks you are using a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable. They are used when you want to connect a "client" device (i.e. keyboard, mouse, USB drive, etc.) to the Touchpad (on the Touchpad you also need a "Y" cable or powered hub too, but that doesn't matter here).

So why does it work loading TPToolbox via the bootloader, you ask? I think the bootloader is too "dumb" and doesn't know about the special pin that OTG cables have that enables the "host" mode. So, in effect, it just gets ignored by the bootloader and stays in "client" mode. The kernel used by TPToolbox has much more functionality, though, and sees that extra pin that OTG cables have.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

I uploaded the klog.txt file as an attachment to this post. Please let me know if you're unable to read it. Thanks for all the help!

Based on your log, you have the same issue as above -- it thinks you have a USB OTG cable instead of a normal USB cable.