Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{ROM} 4.4.4- DIRTY UNICORNS -GEE {v-7.8} 8-16-14

Tip us?

akahroba
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangdang View Post
I had problems with LTE since using this rom or any kit kat rom. I am on Ting so this may or may not work for you. To fix my LTE I flashed an APN zip from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2340437 and also from here https://help.ting.com/entries/423580...d-4-4-Kit-Kat- and I also flashed the APN from stock. I am not sure which one helped but now my LTE works.

The only problem I have left with data services is MMS but I have a work around. I used 8SMS and was able to MMS over wifi but not on mobile data. I then installed a Xposed module called Fake Wifi Connection and set 8SMS as an app to use it. Now MMS works for me.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

I am on the latest test build and neither of those issues are present for me. I can access files from my pc over USB and my proximity sensor works. Charging LED is still broken but the phone is charging.
That's disappointing. Gee ROMs are never going to be fully compatible with E975 I'm now on PAC MAN ROM which CM based and for geehrc and everything works.

k5t4j5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 695

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangdang View Post
Looks like LED is broken completely, charging and notifications. Is there anything I can do to help with fixing LED? I am not a developer but I have strong linux skills. Did the latest AK kernel change some /sys paths or maybe driver problems?
I believe it's something with the kernel. Shouldn't be too hard to fix though. I should have it working soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to k5t4j5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k5t4j5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 695

DONATE TO ME
What's everyone think of AK kernel? I know notification led is broken, but I'll be fixing. Besides that, good kernel? Keep in mind I'm not a kernel guru, but I can add/fix code so there's always room for improvement. Plus, unlike glitch and other older kernels, AK has decent support. Will be changing it tonight unless there's good reason not to.

k5t4j5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 695

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akahroba View Post
Sorry bro but this ROM has serious issues. My proximity sensor doesn't work. causing problem for screen while callin and also pocket mode...
USB connection problem is also there. Last test build didn't help either.
regards.
Do you have anything installed Xposed wise? Dirty flash or clean? It might be a good idea to do a full wipe, internal and all. Move stuff you want to save to pc. I know it's a pain, especially not having a SD card, but I had proximity issues in the past and this helped. Phone ran a lot better all around afterwards. I do it periodically with all of my devices. Cleans out any hidden issues. There's been 2-3 complaints similar to yours in the past, but only 2-3. When things work for most, but don't for a few on the same rom, it's user error unfortunately. Let me know if I can help further, sorry I can't tell you more.

akahroba
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5t4j5 View Post
Do you have anything installed Xposed wise? Dirty flash or clean? It might be a good idea to do a full wipe, internal and all. Move stuff you want to save to pc. I know it's a pain, especially not having a SD card, but I had proximity issues in the past and this helped. Phone ran a lot better all around afterwards. I do it periodically with all of my devices. Cleans out any hidden issues. There's been 2-3 complaints similar to yours in the past, but only 2-3. When things work for most, but don't for a few on the same rom, it's user error unfortunately. Let me know if I can help further, sorry I can't tell you more.
Thank you very much for your kind reply.
You know, I wiped everything and there wasn't any special file in the internal storage.
I also tried downgrading to JB (cleans everything) and then DU but again the same result. No other kernel fixed it.

akahroba
Old
Thanks Meter 188
by the way, I missed these things in the ROM: 1. terebuchet (CM launcher) 2. CM camera as I like to use lock key as the shutter. 3. turning led buttons off. illuminate settings. When I use dark mode in DU they go off but on again after a lock and unlock.

spaceman860
Old
Thanks Meter 1203
Quote:
by the way, I missed these things in the ROM: 1. terebuchet (CM launcher) 2. CM camera as I like to use lock key as the shutter. 3. turning led buttons off. illuminate settings. When I use dark mode in DU they go off but on again after a lock and unlock.
This isn't CM you should use their ROM if you want that stuff.
Phone/NEXUS 5
Rom/DIRTY UNICORNS
Kernel/FRANCO
Recovery/TWRP
G1>N1>GN>N7>N4>N5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spaceman860 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k5t4j5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 695

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This ROM is a stretch from CyanogenMod. You won't be seeing those things here, but you can grab them at the playstore, and I'm sure there's an apk floating around somewhere for each. I'm working on the LED stuff still, thanks for the report.

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 878
Quote:
That's disappointing. Gee ROMs are never going to be fully compatible with E975 I'm now on PAC MAN ROM which CM based and for geehrc and everything works.
E975 ROMS are plagued with photosphere and blur camera options not working and no chromecast mirroring though :S
You still don't use Dropbox? WTF?
Install it here and both of us receive 500Mb free.

akahroba
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by k5t4j5 View Post
This ROM is a stretch from CyanogenMod. You won't be seeing those things here, but you can grab them at the playstore, and I'm sure there's an apk floating around somewhere for each. I'm working on the LED stuff still, thanks for the report.
update: I used philz touch recovery and used the option: "clean to install a new ROM" and installed the latest test build and voila! Proximity sensor worked!
AK doesn't have wake settings? dt2w/s2w?

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman860 View Post
This isn't CM you should use their ROM if you want that stuff.
Vanir isn't CM based either but has them.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

I still have usb connection problem. Unknown device!
and I wish slim recents had size customization.