Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 39,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bug report] Music player stops playing music from sd after some time

Tip us?

grzwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Default RE: pread64() call from sdcard.c with temporary disabled interrupts

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=467
Quote:
Originally Posted by grzwolf View Post
/*mod-beg*/
spinlock_t mLock = SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCK;
unsigned long flags;
spin_lock_irqsave(&mLock, flags);
/*mod-end*/

res = pread64(h->fd, handler->read_buffer, size, offset); /* line 1231*/

/*mod-beg*/
spin_unlock_irqsave(&mLock, flags);
/*mod-end*/
I'm running the workaround for meanwhile 3 weeks with no side effects.
Any other feedback available?
Despite of concerns, it would be great to learn whether the workaround is effective.

Reason:
I cannot reproduce the failure scenario even w/o the workaround - therefore your feedback is very welcome.
gt-i9100 CM11
gt-p7501 CM10
The Following User Says Thank You to grzwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pasche
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default just some more information from me

Hi all,

I just wanted to give some other issues I have. But it's also related to music play. But most of the time, the problem is, that the music does not stop directly within a song. It stops just between the songs (most of the time).

The first time i recognized this issue, i went to Terminal and searched my "music" path with "lsof" and - in normal operation - there seem to be 4 processes...2 media processes and 2 sdcard processes holding the "current" song and the song it should play next.

I also have this issue with several music players (rocket player, apollo, etc) BUT I think I have more issues with apollo. When the music stops "switching" to the next song, I used to press the "skip to next song" within the lockscreen widget of apollo. That seem to work several times but at some point, pressing the "skip to next song" did nothing. I again searched with "lsof" and found a "couple" of "media" and "scard" jobs! Sometimes about 10 "media" songs and 10 "sdcard" processes. (as if there were Threads started for every "skip to next song" press)

And then, I just had this a couple of times, the music just stops within a song and switched to another song, so as if there were 2 players running (one in background - mute) and when the one playing "died", the one in the background could be "heard".

Now, then I have this issue, I go into apollo into the current "playlist" and press the "play" button (to pause the song which actually didn't start to play) and then press the play again. Then music continues to play "another" song, but continues.

Using this method works "better" for me, but does not really solve the problem.

So I also hope that this very strange bug will be found and fixed one day. I really like the OmniRom But this music play but is really annoying.

Kind regards,
Robert

lerkin
Old
(Last edited by lerkin; 19th August 2014 at 06:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by grzwolf View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=467

I'm running the workaround for meanwhile 3 weeks with no side effects.
Any other feedback available?
Despite of concerns, it would be great to learn whether the workaround is effective.

Reason:
I cannot reproduce the failure scenario even w/o the workaround - therefore your feedback is very welcome.
Tested your fix for a night, unfortunately still not working for me (gdrive sync hangs).
After all that time kitkat on i9100 still unusable for me. Still on cm 10.2.1 with memory leak workaround.
The Following User Says Thank You to lerkin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bleggy
Old
(Last edited by bleggy; 19th August 2014 at 01:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
I went on a road trip today and listened to every beatles album (so, 13 total) beginning to end. no freezing, skipping, pausing, reboots. exfat + cgx's patch still awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to bleggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grzwolf
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerkin View Post
Tested your fix for a night, unfortunately still not working for me (gdrive sync hangs).
After all that time kitkat on i9100 still unusable for me. Still on cm 10.2.1 with memory leak workaround.
Too sad.
As Entropy512 already said, there's surely an issue in a so far well hidden place.
'gdrive sync' might not take advantage from the workaround at all.
Perhaps the 'spinlock pread64' thing could be applied at a lower level - which would make this botch even more ugly.
Not promising anything, but I could to try it.
gt-i9100 CM11
gt-p7501 CM10
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grzwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philippe734
Old
Thanks Meter 110
I formated in ext4 my internal sdcard and music bug is gone. Also rare lags while video recording are gone. Here is a way to format your internal memory to ext4 <b><font color="Blue">and keep your data : </font></b><b>link</b>
If a comment helped you, press the thanks button
Samsung Galaxy SII rom CM11 + Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10" rom CM11
Author of VPN Lifeguard for Windows.
The Following User Says Thank You to philippe734 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hank87
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippe734 View Post
I formated in ext4 my internal sdcard and music bug is gone. Also rare lags while video recording are gone. Here is a way to format your internal memory to ext4 <b><font color="Blue">and keep your data : </font></b><b>link</b>
Ext4? Or you mean exfat?