Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 36,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MHL 3.0 adapters, what works?

Tip us?

Felborn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default MHL 3.0 adapters, what works?

So, I'm about to leave for a holiday for a couple of weeks, and a MHL adapter for my Z2 tablet would be nice. I see Sony has a cable, but that's like 38$ in the local story, and I can find MHL 3.0 adapter for 4-5$ on Ebay. Would any MHL 3.0 adapter work, or does it have to be the Sony cable? I see many of the brands on Ebay mention Samsung, any reason why this would not work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Felborn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pondy
Old
Thanks Meter 84
If you find one that works, can you let us know either way? I am also interested in this!
ROM: Changes too often
Phone: Diamond -> iPhone3GS -> Touch Pro -> Desire -> iPhone4 -> Transformer Prime -> DesireHD -> HTC One X -> Galaxy Note 2 4G + Nexus 7 - > Nexus 7 (2013) -> Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition -> Sony Xperia Z + Nexus 5 + Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (WIFI)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pondy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fribriz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought one from the local accessories store - works out of the box on my Z2 tab. Just ensure that it has USB power

Felborn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I got a Belkin hml adapter with input for power, worked on my Philips TV atleast

Sent fra min SGP511 via Tapatalk

knightnz
Old
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felborn View Post
So, I'm about to leave for a holiday for a couple of weeks, and a MHL adapter for my Z2 tablet would be nice. I see Sony has a cable, but that's like 38$ in the local story, and I can find MHL 3.0 adapter for 4-5$ on Ebay. Would any MHL 3.0 adapter work, or does it have to be the Sony cable? I see many of the brands on Ebay mention Samsung, any reason why this would not work?
It'll be MHL 1.0 most probably, not 3.0 and probably not even 2.0.
---

Spelling essentials:
1) There is NO SUCH WORD as "alot" - It's "a lot"
2) The shortened form of You are is You're - NOT Your
3) Loosing & Loose have completely different meanings to Losing & Lose.