SUCCESS: well partial success! :)
Originally Posted by dude_charming
I did tried downgrading my n7100 using the mobile odin method on 4.4.2, however, mobile odin does not work.
Followed below process:
1- Flash 4.4.2 Stock ROM via Odin
2- Install CWM Recovery
3- Using Dr Ketan tool DeKnox the phone
4- Root the device using autoroot via Odin
5- Install SuperSU (checked for working)
6- Install Mobile Odin
7- Followed the steps on Mobile Odin to flash 4.1.2 & 4.3
8- Mobile Odin shows the progress dialog box until reboot. However, mobile does not reboot.
Thanks to Sudo77, I man up and SUCCEEDED at downgrading from 4.4.2 to back to 4.1.2 (of course, the ND3 bootloader is still present with knox flag 0x1).
So, here is the initial status of my N7100:
- Samsung GT-N7100 Galaxy Note II: International version
- Android OS: KK 4.4.2 (I f***ing hate it and regretted updating to it)
- Root: Yes, SuperSU 2.X (with Knox apps disabled and stuff)
- Mobile Odin Pro: Installed, version: 4.20
- 8 GB SD Card: formatted then copied "N7100XXDME6_N7100OXXDME2_N7100XXDME4_HOME.tar.md5 " firmware (Android JB 4.1.2 for UK/IRL; I use this firmware without problem here in Morocco) on the SD. You can download it from Sammobile.com
Now here's what I did: This is not a tutorial; those are the precise steps I went through..
1. Went to Settings and enabled USB Debugging (You can google how to enable USB Debug on Android KK 4.4.2);
2. Launched Mobile Odin Pro 4.20
3. Tapped on "Open File", selected "External SD", then selected N7100XXDME6_N7100OXXDME2_N7100XXDME4_HOME.tar.md5"
---> Now, the "gun is loaded", did not fire yet, continued to set additional options:
4. Tapped/Selected the following: "Enable EverRoot", "Inject Superuser (SuperSU)", "Inject Mobile Odin", "Wipe data and cache", and finally "Wipe Dalvik Cache"
---> At the moment, i decided everything was ready..I didn't touch the option "after flash" it was set to some kind of "automatic" I think it was about the reboot options after flash. DIDN'T touch it.
5. Tapped/Selected "Flash firmware"
---> I let it cook I didn't want to look since I was scared to death about something going awfully wrong. Went heating my dinner, chitchatting with my babe, then came back: BOOM!! i was on the Android JB 4.1.2 Welcome Screen..
---> A quick check revealed no EFS/network/wifi issues. All systems run smooth.
FIRST OBSERVATION: MAJOR improvement in speed and fluency. I got my 0.3 seconds 0 - 60 mph N7100 Lambo Aventador back!
Got a question though: Any side effects of having an Android JB 4.1.2 with a KK 4.4.2 BL (ND3)?