Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[08/20/2014][Sprint/Boost/VM][ROM][TW/4.4.2]Conquest: Singularity[8.2]

Tip us?

moonknightus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdroid View Post
Hi,

Great Rom.

I tried to update the 8.2, but it kept saying FAILED. set_perm: failed.

Using TWRP 2.7.1

8.0 flashes fine, but then when rebooted, it gets stuck on a black screen. Goes through the Ktoons logo, but then the regular Singularity flashing logo does not appear anymore.

Help! Files are not corrupted, as I've re-downloaded 3 times, and copied over to both internal sd and external sd.

Thanks for any help!
1. Use Philz recovery. I can't provide support for TWRP as it doesn't work with my phone.

2. I need a copy of the recovery log as I am not getting any errors on flashing. After flashing but Before rebooting out of recovery, either use adb or aroma file manager to grab a copy of /tmp/recovery.log and attach it here so I can take a look.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonknightus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1567
I can't do a logcat at this very moment, can in the morning. For now here's some screenshots, if they help at all.

This was after a fresh full wipe (including full internal storage return to stock) and flash of the full v8.0.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

moonknightus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
I can't do a logcat at this very moment, can in the morning. For now here's some screenshots, if they help at all.

This was after a fresh full wipe (including full internal storage return to stock) and flash of the full v8.0.

Recovery FLASHABLE version now posted near the bottom of the first post of the 3Minit Battery Mod for Conquest-Singularity and both Stock ND8 and NDC with 1000+ animated battery icons..

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v7.0, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
As a matter of fact, that last screenshot might be telling me exactly what I want to know. I'll have to check when I get home in 4 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonknightus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1567
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonknightus View Post
As a matter of fact, that last screenshot might be telling me exactly what I want to know. I'll have to check when I get home in 4 hours.
Thank you sir!

Charging still shot

moonknightus
Old
(Last edited by moonknightus; Today at 03:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Thank you sir!

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! ������ & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Yup that told me exactly what I needed to know. I forgot to include the revert folder in the update zip. The revert folder contains the script that returns the theme to default upon flashing the zip. I'll fix that and the carrier label and then 8.3 will be pushed out. Shouldn't take long once I get home.

Also wanted to say that I put another theme up in the themes thread. It's just another recolor like the blue and orange themes. This time we get holo purple. Gonna work on something a little different next time but first, gotta fix 8.3, then I want to get my theming tutorial up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonknightus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1567
Was that another 18 hour break? 😁

Charging still shot