[STOCK ODIN] [AT&T, TELUS, Bell, Rogers] In case of brick...

21st August 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #211  
Flag Maricao
Thanks Meter: 29

190 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzee206

its possible with JB as I just restored to 4.1.2 last week cause my device was acting up. what I did was use flash cwm via Odin and booted back into the os, I didn't have the ICS flashable su so I used chainfires supersu 2.0.1, booted back into the os followed going back to recovery and flashing cwm 6.0.4.6 I believe rebooted recovery and flashed a KitKat ROM.

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant

On jelly bean i did adb command to boot into revover shows nothing what you think ? Kernel? Do you have the odin cwm version

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

I got it i used vroot , gave me root , installed rom manager flash cwm voila!

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #212  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 551

821 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocoyombiflash

On jelly bean i did adb command to boot into revover shows nothing what you think ? Kernel? Do you have the odin cwm version

no need to adb into recovery you can just power off the device, once thats done hold down both volume buttons and power button, once the device vibrates let go of power while continue holding both volume buttons and dont let go of the volume buttons until a image appears (forgot exactly what image it is). honestly i dont think the kernel is at fault but dont worry about I'll help out as much as i can. download and extract the contents on your comp... http://www.mediafire.com/download/yx...root_on_JB.zip

1st. flash cwm via odin should be cwm 5.xxx( I don't remember the exact version)
2nd. flash supersu via recovery boot back into the os and check if it installed and running properly.
3rd. flash cwm 6.0.4.6 via recovery reboot recovery and flash a kitkat rom of your choosing.

let me know how things go.

EDIT: just seen your edit so i guess your good to go now but a little advice stay away from using rom manager from now on. i wouldnt it use it for any thing besides booting into recovery.
Last edited by dzee206; 21st August 2014 at 07:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dzee206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread