Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Z2][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery Q&A

Tip us?

waynekirby
Old
Thanks Meter 455

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccrens View Post
So I just picked up a brand new Z2 from verizon. On getting home it had an update to SG561_17.1.D.0.417_17.1.D.0.437_RED... I would like TWRP on the device and have it rooted. For now, I will use the default ROM... At least for a while. I have read a lot in the last couple of days. My question is is there anything I should do in the way of backup, etc before running this? Will this work on a Verizon device? Will it work with this firmware? After reading the directions and Thread, I know this will root the device and install my choice of Recoverys. That is what I am looking to do.

Also, does this leave the DRM keys intact? I've read where a TA Backup is required but I don't yet fully understand that.
This should be fine on ANY Z2, so go ahead buddy

The DRM keys won't be touched at all, unless you unlock the bootloader. But, you can back them up if you have locked bootloader and are rooted. You can check if the bootloader is unlockable by pressing *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#service#*#*) into the dialer, and one of the options (3rd I think?) Should tell you.

Want to Get Notified for Incoming SMS And Call with Camera FlashLight try this FlashBlink

Proud member of TeamXperia
GB & ICS Rom's

andiling
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I installed this here and PhilZ Touch is working perfectly but however TWRP is having a screen issue. It seems to be in landscape mode while phone only allows portrait causing the bottom half being black and right side cut.

Any ideas?

vwirstam
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Works with CM11?

Skickat från min Xperia Z2 via Tapatalk

[NUT]
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiling View Post
I installed this here and PhilZ Touch is working perfectly but however TWRP is having a screen issue. It seems to be in landscape mode while phone only allows portrait causing the bottom half being black and right side cut.

Any ideas?
I think you might have flashed the tablet z2 version on your phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwirstam View Post
Works with CM11?

Skickat från min Xperia Z2 via Tapatalk
No.

My work for the community on XDA ~ My file hosting ~ Please do not mirror my files!
Xperia Arc (LT15i), Xperia P (LT22i), Xperia T (LT30p), Xperia L (C2105), Xperia Z (C6603), Xperia Tablet Z (SGP321), Xperia Z1 (C6903), Xperia Z2 (D6503)

andiling
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT] View Post
I think you might have flashed the tablet z2 version on your phone...
Indeed, my apologies... there was no direct download links and on your page have been so many files that I just searched for z2 and selected the first one with installer.

Thank you. (-:

sa-ra
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This is a very beautiful topic thank you very much

blyndfyre
Old
Thanks Meter 82
It doesn't say in the instructions, is root required to install this recovery?
[PHONE] Sony Xperia Z2 [ROM] Stock [KERNEL] Stock
[TABLET] Nexus 7 [ROM] CM11 M9 [KERNEL] CM Stock

heatl0rd
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT] View Post
Defaults:
  • The default on first boot with the boot-to-recovery flag set by any recovery is PhilZ Touch Recovery.
  • Init.d support is disabled by default, set dr.enable.initd to true to enable it.
  • Insecure ramdisk support is disabled by default, set dr.insecure.ramdisk to true to enable it, set to 'power' to boot it by pressing the power button at boot.
Can someone clarify, can i set TWRP as the default recovery?

[NUT]
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatl0rd View Post
Can someone clarify, can i set TWRP as the default recovery?
Boot to twrp for once using the app and from then on any 'reboot to recovery' will take you to twrp.

Using the volume keys will do the same.

My work for the community on XDA ~ My file hosting ~ Please do not mirror my files!
Xperia Arc (LT15i), Xperia P (LT22i), Xperia T (LT30p), Xperia L (C2105), Xperia Z (C6603), Xperia Tablet Z (SGP321), Xperia Z1 (C6903), Xperia Z2 (D6503)