Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tips to MAXIMIZE the Battery Life of your Xperia Z2

Tip us?

djpharoah
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Got pretty solid battery life.

Sent from my Purple Drank Z2

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 790
@MurphmanL just re-read your first post, in my experience it takes at least one full charge cycle for a new rom to bed in, it looks like you've flashed at least four times in the last 48 hours? Slow down mate you need to spend twenty four to forty eight hours on a rom to get a reliable indication of battery life. Are you full wiping with each flash? If your not that could partially explain your problems, if you are the full set up procedure will be sapping battery life like theres no tomorrow.
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.

MurphmanL
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofcain View Post
@MurphmanL just re-read your first post, in my experience it takes at least one full charge cycle for a new rom to bed in, it looks like you've flashed at least four times in the last 48 hours? Slow down mate you need to spend twenty four to forty eight hours on a rom to get a reliable indication of battery life. Are you full wiping with each flash? If your not that could partially explain your problems, if you are the full set up procedure will be sapping battery life like theres no tomorrow.
Ah I see,

Well the first flash I made was from Three UK firmware 17.1.2.A.0.314 to Generic DE 17.1.2.A.0.314 using the SE Flasher Tool which I did choose Data to be wiped as per the guide I followed - so it canned everything.

Subsequently, after being unimpressed and convinced something had gone pete tong with Google Play services (I was seeing high % use from Google Play Services) I reinstalled by using the Sony Ericsson Update Service.

Which re-dowloaded the firmware and re-flashed using the Repair Phone option (and I assume cleaned the phone as it said all phone data will be lost)!

It's now back on charge and will stay there overnight. I've install GSAM Batt Stats and Wakelock Detector to try and gather some stats as to what is going on.

I haven't enabled any power save features apart from BG Data... I assumed even without stamina mode etc I'd get around 5 hours of SOT / 2-3 days moderate use before resorting to power saving? At the moment, I struggle to get 2.5 hours SOT and 1 days moderate use!

You are probably right though, re-downloading my spotify music, installing apps over wifi etc must be sapping my battery life down. Let's see how it goes tomorrow!

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 790
No worries, just bear in mind everyone is different saw one due posted a 6d battery life but his SOT wouldn't get me to lunch time. Certainly a 6-7 SOT is achievable for me but depending on your usage patterns it might not be for you.
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.

stanley08
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1639
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofcain View Post
No worries, just bear in mind everyone is different saw one due posted a 6d battery life but his SOT wouldn't get me to lunch time. Certainly a 6-7 SOT is achievable for me but depending on your usage patterns it might not be for you.
Depends on what time you eat lunch

Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Bootloader Status: UNLOCKED!
ROM: Stock Canada .314
Kernel: Stock

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
ROM: Paranoid Android Alpha
Kernel: Stock PA

JOIN THE XPERIA Z2 FACEBOOK GROUP HERE
MAXIMIZE THE BATTERY LIFE OF YOUR ANDROID DEVICE

Retired
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900), Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500), Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Sony Xperia Arc, Sony Xperia Neo V, HTC Desire HD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stanley08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djgodlike
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'm using:
Stamina Mode (continuously)
Snapdragon BatteryGuru
Performance Profile (xposed)
Greenify (xposed)
Intelli3G (xposed) (perfect app)
Advanced Taskmanager

Wondering if Stamina, BatteryGuru and Performance Profile working together the way it should or not. Maybe even doing the same thing..

Must say, al the apps help to squeeze more hours out of my battery.

stanley08
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1639
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgodlike View Post
I'm using:
Stamina Mode (continuously)
Snapdragon BatteryGuru
Performance Profile (xposed)
Greenify (xposed)
Intelli3G (xposed) (perfect app)
Advanced Taskmanager

Wondering if Stamina, BatteryGuru and Performance Profile working together the way it should or not. Maybe even doing the same thing..

Must say, al the apps help to squeeze more hours out of my battery.
Stamina mode is perfect. It's what I had always wanted it does the work of those power savers, even better. I don't know about Snapdragon BatteryGuru. Mixed reactions on it too.. Maybe probably on another phone without Stamina mode, maybe on CM. Just maybe but Stock Sony, nah! I don't think you need it. But HEY! If it ain't broke, why fix it? In other words, if you feel it works better for you, then Cheers!

Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Bootloader Status: UNLOCKED!
ROM: Stock Canada .314
Kernel: Stock

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
ROM: Paranoid Android Alpha
Kernel: Stock PA

JOIN THE XPERIA Z2 FACEBOOK GROUP HERE
MAXIMIZE THE BATTERY LIFE OF YOUR ANDROID DEVICE

Retired
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900), Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500), Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Sony Xperia Arc, Sony Xperia Neo V, HTC Desire HD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stanley08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sofia-captivate
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Guys i use kik and instagram only. i have my phone on stamina mode and greenify everything xposed followed all battery instructions i get like 2h30 mins. Is there any app that uses less power? I checked wakelock detector it has like 2500 counts usually 4000ish. Please help me

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408509249416.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (68.1 KB, 65 views)

djgodlike
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley08 View Post
Stamina mode is perfect. It's what I had always wanted it does the work of those power savers, even better. I don't know about Snapdragon BatteryGuru. Mixed reactions on it too.. Maybe probably on another phone without Stamina mode, maybe on CM. Just maybe but Stock Sony, nah! I don't think you need it. But HEY! If it ain't broke, why fix it? In other words, if you feel it works better for you, then Cheers!
I dug a bit deeper in Snapdragon BatteryGuru, and it extends batterylife (even more) by freezing Apps for refreshing on internet. Give us 3 choices..

The other options are probably the same as stock options.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1408564717956.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  59.0 KB

MichaelWT
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Does the snapdragon guru work well with stamina mode?