Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,027 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GPL][KERNEL] AeroKernel - 11.08.2014

Tip us?

Blechd0se
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4028

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by casshern94 View Post
I don't understand, you said it's for stock and no flashable zip for cm version, But how could that rom is cm11 + aero kernel?
Curious [emoji47] [emoji47] [emoji47]
No problem let me explain it;
I will maintain the moto g stock kernel release. Furthermore we will now provide to use CM with this kernel. At the moment it needs
to be separated from the kernel release you know. The posted CM ROM by @Quarx is labeled as "unofficial", although its quite stable
and we are working towards a fully stable build.
Besides that we are trying to get both kernels (stock+cm) closer together. Its already damn close thanks to the efforts @Quarx made.
Notice: This does not mean that you can flash the uploaded kernel zips on CM ROMs. At the moment it seems impossible to provide
one kernel zip for both versions (but at least the source code is almost the same, which makes kernel releases very easy for us).

The advantage of the uploaded CM build is the awesomeness packaged by @Quarx and of course the already known stability from
Aero Kernel.
All in all its the really nice package you should try if you want to use CM on this phone.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Blechd0se For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rhyn
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blechd0se View Post
I will maintain the moto g stock kernel release. Furthermore we will now provide to use CM with this kernel. At the moment it needs
to be separated from the kernel release you know. The posted CM ROM by @Quarx is labeled as "unofficial", although its quite stable
Besides that we are trying to get both kernels (stock+cm) closer together. Its already damn close thanks to the efforts @Quarx made.
Notice: This does not mean that you can flash the uploaded kernel zips on CM ROMs. At the moment it seems impossible to provide
one kernel zip for both versions (but at least the source code is almost the same, which makes kernel releases very easy for us).

The advantage of the uploaded CM build is the awesomeness packaged by @Quarx and of course the already known stability from
Aero Kernel.
All in all its the really nice package you should try if you want to use CM on this phone.
One more question though, can I use that kernel with official CM?

DeHuMaNiZeD
Old
Thanks Meter 1744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyn View Post
One more question though, can I use that kernel with official CM?
No,because the posted build with aero kernel is specially modified to work with the kernel.
(my device's codename is Falcon,so that's why i have a falcon in my signature

Moto G MAN
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeHuMaNiZeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RenderBroken
Old
Thanks Meter 3626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blechd0se View Post

Aero Kernel.

Just wanted to drop in ans say Great Work! Love the effort put forth and the overall design of this kernel. Wanted to say that Aero_Hotplug is work fan-freaking-tastic on the G2! Of course I am giving proper credits to you. I hope you do get to a point where you can build for non-stock roms. I don't know if I can maintain two kernels so it would be nice to know that you have it completely covered! Thanks for your hard work and all else you do!

Kind Regards,
Render

PS My wife uses my old G and that CM11/Aero combo runs GREAT!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RenderBroken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asdgonzalez
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hey dev, maybe u can help me out.

Why mi WiFi disconnects when signal is weak? This dindt use to happen on 4.4.2, and it happened a lot when receive 4.4.3 and now in 4.4.4
u have noticed that? its quite annoying. You have had a fix for this issue? Or we have to wait it to get fixed by motorola people?

Thanks in advance ur kernel is awesome, been using it since first release

Sajoeee
Old
Thanks Meter 378

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdgonzalez View Post
Hey dev, maybe u can help me out.

Why mi WiFi disconnects when signal is weak? This dindt use to happen on 4.4.2, and it happened a lot when receive 4.4.3 and now in 4.4.4
u have noticed that? its quite annoying. You have had a fix for this issue? Or we have to wait it to get fixed by motorola people?

Thanks in advance ur kernel is awesome, been using it since first release
you've reported this on every thread.. chill.. go into settings>wifi>menu>advanced & uncheck avoid poor connections.. if that doesnt work reset your wifi router
www.shutthefu*kupandflashaway.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Sajoeee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aero, clean, gpl, kernel, simple