Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[STOCK ROM][4.4] NE5 Kitkat ROM

Tip us?

burowyako
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm currently rooted and on the stock ND2 ROM. Is it possible to upgrade to the new ROM without losing any of my existing settings or data? I love having a rooted phone because of the many things that can be done, but having to start from scratch after every new update is a pain.

Has anyone noticed better LTE signal with the new ROM? I'm curious if Sprint has fixed that yet, or if a fix is out there that I don't know about.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1562
You can always dirty flash, make a backup first of course. This won't update the firmware though, just the build.

dricacho
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Would love to add some kind of headset/bluetooth volume mod into this. I tried several volume booster apps from the market and none of them worked. And even if they did, the volume increase is barely noticeable to me. I know there are other custom ROMs that has this mod baked in, however, I think that this stock ROM is less problematic and a lot more stabler. I've tried other ROMs and after several weeks of usage, the phone would start to lag, freeze-up, and apps would start to FC. Rebooting the phone only solves the issue momentarily and it eventually returns. So I've decided to switch back to stock ROM and add some of the mods I need like, download booster, hotspot unlock, 4-way reboot, etc. So far my phone has been stable and responsively smooth. Any suggestions on the volume mod?
Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Changing ROMs as often as I change socks

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13547

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dricacho View Post
Would love to add some kind of headset/bluetooth volume mod into this. I tried several volume booster apps from the market and none of them worked. And even if they did, the volume increase is barely noticeable to me. I know there are other custom ROMs that has this mod baked in, however, I think that this stock ROM is less problematic and a lot more stabler. I've tried other ROMs and after several weeks of usage, the phone would start to lag, freeze-up, and apps would start to FC. Rebooting the phone only solves the issue momentarily and it eventually returns. So I've decided to switch back to stock ROM and add some of the mods I need like, download booster, hotspot unlock, 4-way reboot, etc. So far my phone has been stable and responsively smooth. Any suggestions on the volume mod?
Check out Viper4Android
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dricacho
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Just installed this, it works pretty well! Viper Clarity made a very noticeable difference. Need to play around with it some more. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
Check out Viper4Android
Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Changing ROMs as often as I change socks

Ramon77
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I hope you make an updated version with no increasing ringtone. This Rom is stable and good! The others seem to have issues. I love stock but it's missing several things I like for instance download booster, 4 way reboot, no increasing ringtone and hotspot hack.

youngpro83
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon77 View Post
I hope you make an updated version with no increasing ringtone. This Rom is stable and good! The others seem to have issues. I love stock but it's missing several things I like for instance download booster, 4 way reboot, no increasing ringtone and hotspot hack.
By adding those features you eliminate the purpose of the ROM. It is stock. Meaning those extras you mentioned would make it custom. You can always get those mods individually throughout the thread.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda premium
[SIGPIC]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youngpro83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
ne5, sprint, stock rom, stock rooted, wifi calling