Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD Card Pointless

Tip us?

pr1vate piles
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Pointless? Hardly. With external SD card, i can have as much music, films and roms as i want. Started playing a lot more ps1 games and need the space for the games.

I'd never buy a phone that didn't have external card support.
Motorola Xoom WiFi - Retired with honours

Samsung Galaxy S III
Jellybean 4.3 - Retired July 2014

Samsung Galaxy S 5
100% stock.

twito1992
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagaradrian View Post
I have my S5 rooted, installed NextApp SDfix (from google play), FolderMount and everything's working perfect on SD.
how FolderMount work to you... to me hie dosent work...he was working on S2 but now no...

Ave666
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1vate piles View Post
Pointless? Hardly. With external SD card, i can have as much music, films and roms as i want. Started playing a lot more ps1 games and need the space for the games.

I'd never buy a phone that didn't have external card support.
+1[emoji6] [emoji6]
Present SM-G900F & SM-N9005 and forget the past...

royhanks3
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It's not pointless, you're just having a hard time doing what you want to with it. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually

osvanberg
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Well come on guys, of course it's not pointless - it's just as good as before IF you root and MOD your device. Yes of course that's the way to go........ I could not live without ROOT, CWM and Xposed FW. But........ Maybe not everybody want.... or..... can root! And for them Kitkat and external sdcard SUCKS big time!

johan81
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by osvanberg View Post
Well come on guys, of course it's not pointless - it's just as good as before IF you root and MOD your device. Yes of course that's the way to go........ I could not live without ROOT, CWM and Xposed FW. But........ Maybe not everybody want.... or..... can root! And for them Kitkat and external sdcard SUCKS big time!
Still, when running completely stock, the external SD card comes in very handy! When using offline GPS like TomTom or Sygic you can still use the maps on your external SD and all photo's you make and filming you do can go directly on the external SD. Not to forget all the other media you can put on it.
It is virtually impossible to fill up your internal SD with just apps, so I do not see the real problem to be honest. I guess everyone is also not using any secure lock screen? You might as well if you use your external SD for apps since it is easy to read out all the data of those apps anyway.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
ROM: XtreStoLite 1.3.2