Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Your New GPe

Tip us?
 
gidal
Old
(Last edited by gidal; 20th July 2014 at 11:31 PM.)
#91  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 71
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1 View Post
It you are rooted, go to the play store and install SuperSU...

You want me to put the hammer down?
I did what you recommended and installed SuperSU from playstore.
Ran it and it wanted to update itself before running, asking normal or CWM/TWRP method.

NM: Just needed reboot - it's installed now.
 
blueether
Old
#92  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,097
Posts: 2,554
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Te Awamutu, New Zealand

 
DONATE TO ME
Updated OP a little to make it easier to read (I hope)
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
 
adfurgerson
Old
(Last edited by adfurgerson; 10th August 2014 at 03:21 AM.)
#93  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 1,619
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Updated OP a little to make it easier to read (I hope)
@blueether there is a GPe build of CandyRom in original development thread.
@egzthunder1 can this thread get stickied?
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
egzthunder1
Old
#94  
egzthunder1's Avatar
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Thanks Meter 4,842
Posts: 18,346
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
@blueether there is a GPe build of CandyRom in original development thread.
@egzthunder1 can this thread get stickied?
Technically, this guide does not even belong in this section as it is not development related. Having said that, there is already a guide under General by Lord Manhattan that somewhat brushes upon many of the topics described in here by blueether, so moving it there would make little to no sense to me.

So, I guess that for the time being, or until I can think of a better solution for placement, I guess it would be ok to have it stuck in here.

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"



I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

 
HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

HTC One (M8)
ROM: Stock, unrooted (1.57.531.7)
Radio: 1.16.21331931
HBOOT: Locked (S-ON)




Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue
The Following User Says Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
adfurgerson
Old
#95  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 1,619
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1 View Post
Technically, this guide does not even belong in this section as it is not development related. Having said that, there is already a guide under General by Lord Manhattan that somewhat brushes upon many of the topics described in here by blueether, so moving it there would make little to no sense to me.

So, I guess that for the time being, or until I can think of a better solution for placement, I guess it would be ok to have it stuck in here.
Thanks, I see the dilemma this device provides. It doesn't warrant it's own forum or having GPe General and Q&A sections in this forum.
 
Galaxy Lover
Old
#96  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2012
Hi

I has question

I can not copy files to SD card. What must I do to solve this issue? only rooting?
 
adfurgerson
Old
#97  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 1,619
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Lover View Post
Hi

I has question

I can not copy files to SD card. What must I do to solve this issue? only rooting?
I think after rooting you will need to download.and run an app.called SDFix.
 
Galaxy Lover
Old
#98  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 14
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson View Post
I think after rooting you will need to download.and run an app.called SDFix.
I did root my z ultra GPe.

So now, where can I find the app that called SDFix?

if any one know, please help me.
 
adfurgerson
Old
#99  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 593
Posts: 1,619
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Lover View Post
I did root my z ultra GPe.

So now, where can I find the app that called SDFix?

if any one know, please help me.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pp.sdfix&hl=en
 
xdause
Old
(Last edited by xdause; 22nd August 2014 at 06:40 AM.)
#100  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jun 2009
is it safe to update su binary of superuser app from chainfire?
I use the clockwork app and selected the update su binary option and it caused an error msg on bootup. scared the hell out of me.
Update: Ok nm. updated normal way and no error.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes