How to make a perfect unrooted

Search This thread

Faith_G3

Jun 19, 2014
I check to see if my phone was rooted using the 3845 method and it says it isn't rooted but if I do a full reset when the phone comes back to life it comes up with the TWRP. Screen for a short amount of time, how do I get rid of that screen on startup?

M.Gamal

May 30, 2014
basically I cannot talk for any other model apart from d802 as this is what I have. but basically all you need to do to get it to show unrooted is to download the lg mobile support tool > open it > plug in usb while holding power and vol up with phone OFF to get into download mode > open the LG mobile support tool > go to options (top right) and press upgrade recovery.... the tool will download the original stock firmware onto the pc then install it on the phone. DO NOT unplug it until 100% on the PC. the phone will reboot about 80% on the pc but phone will have reached 100%. next do 2 factory resets using the power button and vol up method and you will find the unrooted status re-appears if you go back into download mode. Its also worth noting that it works best and flawlessly on com port 4 some ppl have experienced issues on other com ports.

obviously I accept no responsibility for you breaking your phone if you try it but I have done this at least 70 x to get out of bad fashes and it works every single one.

takes you about 30 min for the file to download but without that file downloading its probably about 5 minutes user input the longest/hardest bit being getting into the factory reset screen. lol.

i did all u said but when the tool starts to download the software it just stops after 20-25 secs everytime .....so downloaded the kdz file myself and flashed it with the lg flash tool 2014 which provided in that thread and then did 2 factory hard reset but it didnt work as it still shows ROOTED in red in the download mode .....plz help anyone help me ....i have to send my phone to warranaty .....thx in advance

i did all u said but when the tool starts to download the software it just stops after 20-25 secs everytime .....so downloaded the kdz file myself and flashed it with the lg flash tool 2014 which provided in that thread and then did 2 factory hard reset but it didnt work as it still shows ROOTED in red in the download mode .....plz help anyone help me ....i have to send my phone to warranaty .....thx in advance

try to flash a jb firmware , i did it with mine and it doesnt show rooted , but make sure to do a factory reset to get it booting with jb from kk ;)

oh one more tip: make sure they wont flash kk cuz the rooted status will show up again :rolleyes:

Reactions: M.Gamal

that could be a corrupt version of the support tool you know....

M.Gamal

May 30, 2014
try to flash a jb firmware , i did it with mine and it doesnt show rooted , but make sure to do a factory reset to get it booting with jb from kk ;)

oh one more tip: make sure they wont flash kk cuz the rooted status will show up again :rolleyes:

that could be a corrupt version of the support tool you know....

i flashed jellybean to hide the rooted status in the download mode and it worked but its on jellybean which isnt the stock as my phone came with kitkat out of the box and i already have sent it 3 days ago ........... so tell me guys am i out of warranaty or there is still any hope knowing that my phone came out of the box with multiple defects (any headphones never detected- heating like crazy without reason- unbeliveable battery drainage-touch issues when fully charged - knock on never work ) ....thx in advance :)

i flashed jellybean to hide the rooted status in the download mode and it worked but its on jellybean which isnt the stock as my phone came with kitkat out of the box and i already have sent it 3 days ago ........... so tell me guys am i out of warranaty or there is still any hope knowing that my phone came out of the box with multiple defects (any headphones never detected- heating like crazy without reason- unbeliveable battery drainage-touch issues when fully charged - knock on never work ) ....thx in advance :)

your warranty isn't void if they will read the jb bootloader which says unrooted ,but pray they wont flash kk as a gift for u cuz they will see the rooted status ;)

thepilot234

Mar 10, 2014
I did the lg mobile support tool method you were talking about and i wasnt sucsefull, even though it worked fr me before any ideas why? (got phone in dl mode opend mobile tool and reset it twice and it still says rooted)

papathvas

Apr 7, 2009
I did the flash tools procedure and a couple of factory reset after that (D802), but i'm still rooted in download mode and the "LG RCT Check" is disabled :(

vladmir

May 6, 2012
Porto
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
But dats temporary what if we want to take to lg service center and if found rooted on their checking den....it does temporary unroot na not permanent one??

For real full stock follow this:

First let's try to find your original device firmware.
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...k2.jsp?esn=xxx
Replace xxx with your imei in the browser.
It give you the latest firmware version and the suffix(some capital letters). The suffix indicates the market region, my for example is from Baltic.
In the browser use " LG g2d80210a_00.kdz 32gb or 16gb+suffix", 10a is for jb if you can't find a try b.
NOTE: never, never use a 16GBP firmware in a 32GBP device!!!
After you have kdz file, backup important data to a pc!
Flash with LG flash tools with cse option(it will wipe all the device). The phone will boot, skip the setup and make factory reset , boot again and update to kk by ota.
This way it will be full stock with unroot flag!
NOTE 2: the phone only will receive ota updates when there are available for that region (suffix) .
Enviado do meu LG-D802 através de Tapatalk

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau

It give you the latest firmware version and the suffix(some capital letters). The suffix indicates the market region, my for example is from Baltic.
In the browser use " LG g2d80210a_00.kdz 32gb or 16gb+suffix", 10a is for jb if you can't find a try b.
Flash with LG flash tools with cse option(it will wipe all the device). The phone will boot, skip the setup and make factory reset , boot again and update to kk by ota.
NOTE 2: the phone only will receive ota updates when there are available for that region (suffix) .
Thank you much Vladimir.
I folowed all steps and now when i enter code 3845#*802# show me message Unrooted G2 etc.
But now i cant enter in download mode. I can update only via OTA, no LG flash tool or lg mobile tool? You know any workaround or tips for entering in download mode? Lot of thanx.

Reactions: rolling_stone

raulx222

Nov 20, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
raulpetru.com
Thank you much Vladimir.
I folowed all steps and now when i enter code 3845#*802# show me message Unrooted G2 etc.
But now i cant enter in download mode. I can update only via OTA, no LG flash tool or lg mobile tool? You know any workaround or tips for entering in download mode? Lot of thanx.

Salut! :)

Download mode didn't work because you updated from JB via OTA to latest update. This happened to me too, I had some problem with my phone and I send it to warranty in this state (with download mode broken) and they didn't say anything :D they reflashed the firmware.

If you want to fix the download mode, get the LGMobile Support Tool from LG website, install usb driver, open the app and connect your phone to pc via usb cable. Then click "Options" and "Upgrade Recovery", it will reflash the firmware and fix the download mode. But there's one more thing, after flash it will say "ROOTED" in download mode.

Reactions: Vlad Paul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT UNROOTED

ATTENTION
    Before continuing, make... BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, ...

If rooted ever your phone system detects it, and if you enter in Download this screen will look

DownloadMode.png
    Download_UnRooted.png

In the box below you can read:
    B73 and B100 = This is the State of the battery

And one of these three States:
    ROOTED (Red) = The phone is rooted
    UNROOTED (Pink) = The phone is not rooted, but once rooted. THIS STATE I'VE NEVER SEEN
    UNROOTED (White) = The phone was never rooted.

According to the European legislation a terminal may be rooted without so we lose the warranty, but instead to use the phone we have to accept LG conditions that say that we can not customize the phone.

As it seems, commented by Spanish users that took your phone Technical Assistance Service (T.A.S.) still this rooted and with installed CWM, T.A.S. spent in warranty, so this method is not necessary, but you never know with whom you can bump sat, so here you have remove the ROOT and leave the phone as something out of factory.

UNROOTED METHOD
    INFORMATION
    This method serves to take the phone to the T.A.S., or if you want to leave it clean.
    • Download a ROM to your terminal, operated and country, use this link LG Phone Firmware G2
    • It enters to the CWM or TWRP Recovery.
    • Now get from:
    • CWM - Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    • TWRP - Advanced Wipeo, and the beams all but the SD.
    • Go to the reset menu or advanced and click on turn off.
    • While you press Volume+ connect the USB to the PC, enter Download Mode, as the images above
    • It runs Windows and follow this LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock)

CHECK IF IS or IS NOT ROOTED
    In the dial pad type:
    For the D800 3845#*800#
    For the D801 3845#*801#
    For the D802 3845#*802#
    ETC

Go to the bottom of the menu and click on LG RCT then to Display Result
    There are two possible results, Not rooted or Rooted

LG-RTC-Check_UnRooted.png
    LG-RTC-Check_Rooted.png
    OK, I have personally tried port 5, and 45 port and not have had problems, since this method which I intend to use the official program, with the difference that we say you must firmware flasher.

Thank you for your information, I used the method proposed for some years with my KM900 and my P990, and I have to say that it works perfectly, and not only that, also the firmware that is installed is suitable to the country, model and telephone operator.

The two methods do the same thing, but his left it because I sometimes giving problems, there were times that said that the firmware that had was the more modern and wouldn't update, I am referring to below the D802 models

PD:
    Factory Reset does so from 3845#*802#?

yeah I agree I have tried upto 9 different ports now and all seem to work for me but that is not the case for everyone. I know the whole process is supposed to be done on port 4 which is why I suggested it.

you are most welcome if I help but one person with my ramblings then that's a plus...

yes very true that it will put on the correct firmware for country model and telephone operator!

I have also encountered the same problems myself and this method I have never ever ever experienced one.
    I don't understand what you mean
    You say that there is an easier way of unrooted?

basically I cannot talk for any other model apart from d802 as this is what I have. but basically all you need to do to get it to show unrooted is to download the lg mobile support tool > open it > plug in usb while holding power and vol up with phone OFF to get into download mode > open the LG mobile support tool > go to options (top right) and press upgrade recovery.... the tool will download the original stock firmware onto the pc then install it on the phone. DO NOT unplug it until 100% on the PC. the phone will reboot about 80% on the pc but phone will have reached 100%. next do 2 factory resets using the power button and vol up method and you will find the unrooted status re-appears if you go back into download mode. Its also worth noting that it works best and flawlessly on com port 4 some ppl have experienced issues on other com ports.

obviously I accept no responsibility for you breaking your phone if you try it but I have done this at least 70 x to get out of bad fashes and it works every single one.

takes you about 30 min for the file to download but without that file downloading its probably about 5 minutes user input the longest/hardest bit being getting into the factory reset screen. lol.
    How do you choose which com port to use? Yes, I've experienced issues with com port 5

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

ok so if press the start button on windows then type in device manager in the little box at bottom and press enter it will open up.
    now put the phone in download mode (be sure to use a rear usb port too, then when the pc recognizes it go to your device manager, it will show Ports (COM & LPT) in the list and when you press the little plus sign to the left of the name you will see the phone and the port number being used. i.e. LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port(COM7).

right click it and press properties > port settings tab > advanced > the COM port number is at the bottom of the box click it and select 4. it will probably tell you something else is using it but that is fine it makes no difference click ok then yes and ok again. Now your phone should show as COM Port 4 in the device manager. now close device manager and carry on using lg support tool.
    But dats temporary what if we want to take to lg service center and if found rooted on their checking den....it does temporary unroot na not permanent one??