Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab Pro 8.4 tips and tricks

Tip us?

Homey
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Minimised apps!

Tap (don't drag) one of the apps in the sidebar, it will open up in a new window on top of whatever you have running. Now tap the minimise symbol '_' on the top right of the window. The app gets reduced to a small disc that can be moved around to wherever you want!
It's not earth-shattering but it's a nice touch!
The Following User Says Thank You to Homey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brandonc_mail
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
Do you have the Tab Pro 8.4? And if so, is Peel working properly?

On mine, it only displays in portrait mode (which is contradictory to where the IR Blaster is located) and only uses about a quarter of the screen (seems to be behaving like the device is a phone, instead of a tablet). Also, the text in the menus is off, again like its not correctly designed for the screen resolution. Peel worked really well on my old Note 8 (broke the screen); so I'm surprised to see these issues.

Since Peel is mostly unusable for these reasons, I've been using WatchOn. WatchOn is not bad, but not great either. It doesn't seem to have as much personalization as Peel, and often displays shows I don't have interest in.
Are you rooted? I'm running stock os model SM-T320 wifi bought from best buy. I've not installed the latest os update with "kids mode"

I say all that to say Peel works just fine in landscape for me.

Bink Feed
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 566
Look at this guys, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2791926

Stay tuned for my first CM11 theme soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bink Feed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]