Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Gear Fit works on G2

OP yatbond

20th August 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #11  
Flag Calgary, Canada
Thanks Meter: 20

303 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatbond

Sort of.

I bought my gear fit yesterday and messaging notification, including 3rd party apps, like whatsapp, work. I need to install Google calendar to get calendar notifications. All you need to do is download gear fit manager apk and pair. I can also use the media controller to skip tracks and control volume.

The watch can sense your wrist motion, and screen will switch on when you raise and turn your wrist to your face. Screen is super nice. Built is plastic but don't feel cheap at all. You can change wall paper. There are different home screens that allow you to customize to show the time together wirh different information, such as next calendar activity (which I use), or pedometer data, or weather.... Etc.

S health doesn't work. But I used to use pebble, and can say gear fit is much better as it can show emotions, , or whatever they are called. I can still use the heartbeat sensor, pedometers, exercise measures, but data just can't be sync to phone without s health.

Since Samsung released the sdk, I am hopeful that the exercise data will be supported by 3rd party apps eventually.

Let me know if you have any question. Oh yeah, the control is smooth, and based on my experience, the battery should last around 4 days.

Great watch... Anyone wants my pebble?

Sent from my LG-F320K using xda app-developers app

Are you sure weather can work on lg g2
21st August 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92

244 posts
Yes, except all the health functions. The other thing is though you need to install the latest gear fit manager with the gear fit being updated with the latest firmware. You can do that if you have another Samsung gs4 or 5.... If not, then go to your local electronic store to connect your gear fit too update firmware. Then disconnect it and leave.

I am still using both g2 and gear fit.

Sent from my LG-F320K using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread