Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UPDATED[APP][3.0+] [dev] The Box v3- a lightweight app for custom ROM devs 12Aug2014

Tip us?

dwitherell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7585

DONATE TO ME
My attention was recently brought to this - fantastic stuff. I do believe I will be playing with this for inclusion in the little mess of a project I am currently dabbling in. Great job - great explanation - I don't think clarity or ease of use have room for improvement on this one (oh the woes of the ceiling effect) - well done!
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!
The Following User Says Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

erikalin
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2501

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell View Post
My attention was recently brought to this - fantastic stuff. I do believe I will be playing with this for inclusion in the little mess of a project I am currently dabbling in. Great job - great explanation - I don't think clarity or ease of use have room for improvement on this one (oh the woes of the ceiling effect) - well done!
Hey, thanks, my friend. How on Earth did you hear about The Box? I thought nobody would notice this except for the few who I know are using it. lol. A few people are using it in their projects. Click through to the version on the play store to see the one customized and "in use" that I'm maintaining for people on one of my old devices. (If you run with this app for your own project, just don't put yours on the play store or people will update to the The Box for the wrong ROM.)
Hi! Please note that my avatar is not wearing a headset.

Unless you're inviting me to a cookout, I'm probably not answering your unsolicited PM. Fortunately, you have better options:
1. Misc. tech support questions? - Read the little booklet that came with your phone or ask Google.
2. General questions about your device? - Ask in the General or Questions forum for your device.
3. Questions about some developer's project (ROM, mod, app, kernel)? - Search that project's thread. Then ask in that thread, but the answer is probably already there.
4. Question about a project of mine? - I'll answer the PM, but still check that thread first please.

Please stop with the PMs; I'm not tech support. Thanks and have a nice day.
The Following User Says Thank You to erikalin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dwitherell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikalin View Post
Hey, thanks, my friend. How on Earth did you hear about The Box? I thought nobody would notice this except for the few who I know are using it. lol. A few people are using it in their projects. Click through to the version on the play store to see the one customized and "in use" that I'm maintaining for people on one of my old devices. (If you run with this app for your own project, just don't put yours on the play store or people will update to the The Box for the wrong ROM.)
It was an interesting combination of being requested to assist on a mod for the rom relevant to your play store version, and a friend of mine throwing a link to this thread my way as he thought I might find it useful (and rightly so). And no worries on the play store front, as my intention currently is quite in line with what seemed to me to be the goal of your project - a nice simple informative app to include in the rom.

I'm not the fastest at churning things out, but once I talk to a few more graphic/aesthetic minded folks for some image work (an arena I sorely lack in) and get something together - if interested I'll PM you a link/info/etc. on how it all shook out in the end

Thanks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

erikalin
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2501

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It was an interesting combination of being requested to assist on a mod for the rom relevant to your play store version, and a friend of mine throwing a link to this thread my way as he thought I might find it useful (and rightly so). And no worries on the play store front, as my intention currently is quite in line with what seemed to me to be the goal of your project - a nice simple informative app to include in the rom.

I'm not the fastest at churning things out, but once I talk to a few more graphic/aesthetic minded folks for some image work (an arena I sorely lack in) and get something together - if interested I'll PM you a link/info/etc. on how it all shook out in the end

Thanks again!
Sounds good. Yeah I'd love a link to where you use The Box, if you use it. Have a good one.
Hi! Please note that my avatar is not wearing a headset.

Unless you're inviting me to a cookout, I'm probably not answering your unsolicited PM. Fortunately, you have better options:
1. Misc. tech support questions? - Read the little booklet that came with your phone or ask Google.
2. General questions about your device? - Ask in the General or Questions forum for your device.
3. Questions about some developer's project (ROM, mod, app, kernel)? - Search that project's thread. Then ask in that thread, but the answer is probably already there.
4. Question about a project of mine? - I'll answer the PM, but still check that thread first please.

Please stop with the PMs; I'm not tech support. Thanks and have a nice day.
The Following User Says Thank You to erikalin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 26214

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks again!
For my ROM? What mod? Just curious...

dwitherell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
For my ROM? What mod? Just curious...

Thought it best to PM to avoid thread clutter - PM sent