NTFS automounter for Kitkat touchwiz

OP ivanjong

20th June 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag melaka
Thanks Meter: 29

20 posts
More
I have made an NTFS automount script following how touchwiz mounts usbotg drives in vold.
This script will allow touchwiz to automount ur NTFS drive with RW like how touchwiz auto mounts fat or exfat drives.
This script requires
1) Root access ( su )
2) init.d execution
3) SE must be disable/permissive
4) busybox in /system/bin (u may edit the script urself if you wan to change the busy box location
5) must be kitkat 4.4.2 touchwiz based rom and stock based modified kernels.

it is currently tested on DN3 V5.2 with Android 4.4.2 AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.2. i believe it will work on all kitkat stock roms.

This is currently still a beta, it is still based on bash and it poles /dev/block for ntfs once every 1sec. I am still testing the effect of it to battery life.

attached is the recovery zip flash file to installed the script. Please let me know of any bugs or any improvement or any feedback regarding the script. thanks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!owkWQCII!yi8LLR...xStXT_8SOKwxl4

Credits to shardul_seth for his usbotghelper app, i got his ntfs-3g binary from his app. Parts of the script were inspired by him.
Last edited by ivanjong; 20th June 2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: forgot to give credit
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ivanjong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 211

296 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjong

I have made an NTFS automount script following how touchwiz mounts usbotg drives in vold.
This script will allow touchwiz to automount ur NTFS drive with RW like how touchwiz auto mounts fat or exfat drives.
This script requires
1) Root access ( su )
2) init.d execution
3) SE must be disable/permissive
4) busybox in /system/bin (u may edit the script urself if you wan to change the busy box location
5) must be kitkat 4.4.2 touchwiz based rom and stock based modified kernels.

it is currently tested on DN3 V5.2 with Android 4.4.2 AGNi pureSTOCK v4.2.2. i believe it will work on all kitkat stock roms.

This is currently still a beta, it is still based on bash and it poles /dev/block for ntfs once every 1sec. I am still testing the effect of it to battery life.

attached is the recovery zip flash file to installed the script. Please let me know of any bugs or any improvement or any feedback regarding the script. thanks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!owkWQCII!yi8LLR...xStXT_8SOKwxl4

Credits to shardul_seth for his usbotghelper app, i got his ntfs-3g binary from his app. Parts of the script were inspired by him.

works for me well

Sent from my GT-N7100 MR.Luong Custom Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Taxi341 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag melaka
Thanks Meter: 29

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi341

works for me well