Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FiredTV Launcher - Replacement Home/Launcher

Tip us?

roligov
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Gonna give this a bash tonight Thanks for your awesome work!

superflysocal
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Thank you for this app.

I am running the latest version.

I am not rooted (do i need to be) and xposed is NOT installed. So basically stock AFTV with XMBC 13.1 and this app sideloaded using adbFire.

When i first ran the program it works as expected. I can go to Amazon launcher from FireDTV. However, afr the first few times, it doesn't work anymore. Pressing Home button takes me to Amazon Launcher everytime now.

Shinyhead
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post
Thank you for this app.

I am running the latest version.

I am not rooted (do i need to be) and xposed is NOT installed. So basically stock AFTV with XMBC 13.1 and this app sideloaded using adbFire.

When i first ran the program it works as expected. I can go to Amazon launcher from FireDTV. However, afr the first few times, it doesn't work anymore. Pressing Home button takes me to Amazon Launcher everytime now.
U need xposed and rbox module installed. After that it works perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Nexus 5 (Root/Android L) T-Mobile
Get Dropbox here!

JJ-KwiK
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhead View Post
U need xposed and rbox module installed. After that it works perfectly.

Root/xposed isn't required for this launcher. Even though the xposed mod makes the launcher work better, it isn't required. The launcher should still work without it.

Shinyhead
Old
(Last edited by Shinyhead; 29th July 2014 at 03:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Nexus 5 (Root/Android L) T-Mobile
Get Dropbox here!

glitchbit
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brag3006 View Post
Thanks for this! The Fire TV is finally user friendly enough for my family to use it for all their streaming. I wanted to give you some feedback after using it:

- I saw that the hide/unhide settings forget the hidden apps, and will show all of my installed apps back on the screen (for example, superSU was hidden, but keeps coming back).
- The reordering is not saved 100% of the time. It will often lose the order I have used. Additionally, when I enter reorder mode, sometimes all the icons move randomly, instead of the selected icon being moved along the grid.
- After extensive use, firedTV seems to open new instances of itself each time i press the home button, instead of reopening the launcher. I am not sure if this is actually happening, of it its just lag from my system.

Thanks again!!!

FYI - I am on the Xposed framework that sets a launcher.
These are my observations as well. I think I am going to see what happens if I "freeze" the launcher using Titanium. At least that way maybe I can retain the order of the icons better. It is very annoying that moving icons around is so glitchy. I appreciate all the hard work, but I would expect within a minute of normal testing this would have been readily apparent.

quattroatl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Please help! Cannot access application settings after firedtv install

I just installed fired tv. But now I cannot get settings access. I can navigate to settings, but nothing happens when I click application or any other field.

Volc7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
yeah same here, hide apps is not working
Samsung Galaxy S3 T999L
Fire TV

bruce7373
Old
Thanks Meter 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroatl View Post
I just installed fired tv. But now I cannot get settings access. I can navigate to settings, but nothing happens when I click application or any other field.
You can access Settings by using the Options button on the remote.

Tags
firetv, home, launcher