Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,046 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] S5 keyboard for KK 4.4.2

Tip us?

The Sickness
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,485

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaww View Post
I took a look at maybe just pushing the 2 apks into system (the modz is 1.5 gb), but in the MMS folder, besides these apk's , there is one large apk (SecSettings.apk) in the S51 sub-folder, and wanted to be sure that is not needed and/or would not mess up S3 settings if it was installed(?) by the modz package.

I blew up her phone once and heard about it for weeks (had a backup), so want to be real careful with her device this time - lol.
There are only 2 apks.....

system/app SecTelephonyProvider.apk
system/priv-app SecMms.apk

NOTHING else is to be flashed........
The Following User Says Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gaww
Old
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness View Post
There are only 2 apks.....

system/app SecTelephonyProvider.apk
system/priv-app SecMms.apk

NOTHING else is to be flashed........
Ok - just wanted to be sure that if I used the mod package that the other one did not come along with it and if so, that it would not cause issues.

Think I am going to have her copy/paste the apk's, since there are only 2 and they are pretty small. Will have her do a backup, and then have her extract the two stock apk's in case the S5 cause any issues. Will let you know how it goes.

gaww
Old
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaww View Post
Ok - just wanted to be sure that if I used the mod package that the other one did not come along with it and if so, that it would not cause issues.

Think I am going to have her copy/paste the apk's, since there are only 2 and they are pretty small. Will have her do a backup, and then have her extract the two stock apk's in case the S5 cause any issues. Will let you know how it goes.
Update - she can't handle over phone, lol - wants me to do it in a few weeks