Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 10,021

4,662 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaww

I took a look at maybe just pushing the 2 apks into system (the modz is 1.5 gb), but in the MMS folder, besides these apk's , there is one large apk (SecSettings.apk) in the S51 sub-folder, and wanted to be sure that is not needed and/or would not mess up S3 settings if it was installed(?) by the modz package.

I blew up her phone once and heard about it for weeks (had a backup), so want to be real careful with her device this time - lol.

There are only 2 apks.....

system/app SecTelephonyProvider.apk
system/priv-app SecMms.apk

NOTHING else is to be flashed........
The Following User Says Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #32  
Western NC
Thanks Meter: 514

3,746 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

There are only 2 apks.....

system/app SecTelephonyProvider.apk
system/priv-app SecMms.apk

NOTHING else is to be flashed........

Ok - just wanted to be sure that if I used the mod package that the other one did not come along with it and if so, that it would not cause issues.

Think I am going to have her copy/paste the apk's, since there are only 2 and they are pretty small. Will have her do a backup, and then have her extract the two stock apk's in case the S5 cause any issues. Will let you know how it goes.
21st August 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #33  
Western NC
Thanks Meter: 514

3,746 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaww

Ok - just wanted to be sure that if I used the mod package that the other one did not come along with it and if so, that it would not cause issues.

Think I am going to have her copy/paste the apk's, since there are only 2 and they are pretty small. Will have her do a backup, and then have her extract the two stock apk's in case the S5 cause any issues. Will let you know how it goes.

Update - she can't handle over phone, lol - wants me to do it in a few weeks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread