Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,756 Members 41,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] I747UCUFNE4_AT&T 4.4.2 Stock ROM & System Dump

Tip us?

Viper67857
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdoac View Post
Can't get this to boot at all. I came from CM11, formatted data/system. I have the MG2/MJB combo.

Have tried both Odex and Deodex versions, with the kernel, with the Kloontix kernel linked to. All I get is a white SAMSUNG logo for about a second then nothing.

I have to pull the battery to get back to recovery.

Am I missing something?
Mg2 is too old... U need mj2 at least

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-2.0

rdoac
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yup, that got it. No idea why, but I'd swapped the versions around in my head. Could have sworn the mg2 was the leaked 4.3 build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

sgloki77
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Just flashed the ROM with the modified NE4 kernel on the op, everything seems to be working

the only issue I have found so far, is the battery depleting somewhat fast, android system seems to be high

I'll give it a couple battery cycles, hoping it will settle and improve the battery

great job from the developer
The Following User Says Thank You to sgloki77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darian71
Old
Thanks Meter 322
Just because i was having issues with the KTOONSEZ kernel wanting to charge , I decided to flash your insecure kernel @enewman17. And just for curiosity , I installed the performance control app that was developed by @Hornt for aosp Roms. To my surprise a lot of the features worked. According to the app, this kernel is running at 1242 mhz minimum, and 1512mhz max. I changed it to 382 I believe, or whatever the lowest mhz available is for most stock kernels just to see if that may be the reason for battery consumption. However, the settings won't stick when exiting the app. The governor, the -25mv, the scheduler, and the read ahead values all stuck. So gonna leave the app running in the background just tobsee what happens. Just thought you might be interested in knowing this if you don't already. 👍
My GSIII i747 d2att

Darian71
Old
Thanks Meter 322
Deep sleep was great. Lost 15% over 8.5 hours. And looks like about 8-9 hours of normal use with stock battery. Average for an S3 I'd say.
My GSIII i747 d2att

enewman17
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5913

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darian71 View Post
Deep sleep was great. Lost 15% over 8.5 hours. And looks like about 8-9 hours of normal use with stock battery. Average for an S3 I'd say.
Quote:
Just because i was having issues with the KTOONSEZ kernel wanting to charge , I decided to flash your insecure kernel @enewman17. And just for curiosity , I installed the performance control app that was developed by @Hornt for aosp Roms. To my surprise a lot of the features worked. According to the app, this kernel is running at 1242 mhz minimum, and 1512mhz max. I changed it to 382 I believe, or whatever the lowest mhz available is for most stock kernels just to see if that may be the reason for battery consumption. However, the settings won't stick when exiting the app. The governor, the -25mv, the scheduler, and the read ahead values all stuck. So gonna leave the app running in the background just tobsee what happens. Just thought you might be interested in knowing this if you don't already. 👍
TouchWiz kernels don't usually report the correct MHz so the apps display them wrong. But you'll see that CPU spy will tell you that it is scaling and sleeping correctly.
- Top Secret Clown Business -
- The Devil's Reject -
By all means you are all welcome to use the entirety of everything I upload without permission. Enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to enewman17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darian71
Old
Thanks Meter 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by enewman17 View Post
TouchWiz kernels don't usually report the correct MHz so the apps display them wrong. But you'll see that CPU spy will tell you that it is scaling and sleeping correctly.
Thanks for the information sir. Yea, CPU spy did in fact show it was scaling correctly even without the manual setting of the minimum. Also figure it worth mentioning, my charging issues are NOT related to KT's kernel. Definitely port issue. New cord, new charger=same problem. Took board out, slightly crimped the port, and made my cord fit much tighter now. Wish I had the tools to replace it. And the eyes. [emoji15] [emoji106]
My GSIII i747 d2att

sgloki77
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
I'm having around 20% less battery life on this rom compared to cm11. I though tw would have better battery life than aosp, but is not the case here
The Following User Says Thank You to sgloki77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matrixzone
Old
Thanks Meter 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgloki77 View Post
I'm having around 20% less battery life on this rom compared to cm11. I though tw would have better battery life than aosp, but is not the case here
I think otherwise.. Lots depend on the apps we have on our mobile which are running in the background..
If this is helpful or useful, please hit "Thanks" and its free

The Following User Says Thank You to matrixzone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]