Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Phone memory?

OP billaras481

2nd May 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Can anyone tell me why memory phone is shown as a card and not as phone and why is named 0?

Also, I can't connect phone to usb because because something is going on with phone tethering or idk.. Is there any way to fix that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-02 13.04.10.png
Views:	96
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	2721402  
Last edited by billaras481; 2nd May 2014 at 03:53 PM.
2nd May 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
TechnoSparks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 199
 
618 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billaras481

Can anyone tell me why memory phone is shown as a card and not as phone and why is named 0?

Also, I can't connect phone to usb because because something is going on with phone tethering or idk.. Is there any way to fix that?

For your first question, I don't really know the exact truth, but somewhat in 4.3 Sony changes the emulation directory, resulting in a newer location of those two storages.

Now, internal storage can be explored with:
/storage/emulated/0/
And external:
/storage/removable/sdcard1

Maybe because of such emulation, ES File Explorer unable to show the old "sdcard0" label because as far I can remember the old emulation directory was named "sdcard0" and not 0. Plus it was in /storage's root.



Your second question, I cannot help you with that as there are not many infos you are trying to expose. How about starting your phone on a safe mode by holding power button then long tap the power off selection on screen. Then you will be prompted about rebooting to safe mode. Tap OK.
After reboot, try connecting your phone with USB again
The Following User Says Thank You to TechnoSparks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoSparks

For your first question, I don't really know the exact truth, but somewhat in 4.3 Sony changes the emulation directory, resulting in a newer location of those two storages.

Now, internal storage can be explored with:
/storage/emulated/0/
And external:
/storage/removable/sdcard1

Maybe because of such emulation, ES File Explorer unable to show the old "sdcard0" label because as far I can remember the old emulation directory was named "sdcard0" and not 0. Plus it was in /storage's root.



Your second question, I cannot help you with that as there are not many infos you are trying to expose. How about starting your phone on a safe mode by holding power button then long tap the power off selection on screen. Then you will be prompted about rebooting to safe mode. Tap OK.
After reboot, try connecting your phone with USB again

I can't connect my phone to PC because PC cannot find any driver.I could connect it before I install a ROM... (phone is rooter)
Phone just loads but when I click to connect on MTP mode nothing happens.. PC just doesn't install any driver while drivers were installed before.
11th August 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
TechnoSparks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 199
 
618 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billaras481

I can't connect my phone to PC because PC cannot find any driver.I could connect it before I install a ROM... (phone is rooter)
Phone just loads but when I click to connect on MTP mode nothing happens.. PC just doesn't install any driver while drivers were installed before.

My God! I am so sorry that I left this thread hanging without helping you! Are you still on xda? Do you still encountering this problem? If you could respond to this thread, I would like to resume our long lost conversation.
16th August 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoSparks

My God! I am so sorry that I left this thread hanging without helping you! Are you still on xda? Do you still encountering this problem? If you could respond to this thread, I would like to resume our long lost conversation.

Sir, the problem was solved long ago! Thanks for your kindness!
The Following User Says Thank You to billaras481 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #6  
TechnoSparks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 199
 
618 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billaras481

Sir, the problem was solved long ago! Thanks for your kindness!

Very nice to know that. Again apologise for my lack of attention. It is actually quite impolite to leave people hanging.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes