Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Cardboard DIY virtual reality app not working on note 2 ?

Tip us?

jbcoop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=SPIDERTECH;54609913]I saw that you sent the donation. Thank you for that.
Was there a particular ROM you were looking at for the 4.4.2 or were you wanting to update to the official release?

Spidertech, I sent you a private message. Thank you! Looking forward to Otterbox case template.
jbcoop

cooperg21
Old
(Last edited by cooperg21; 7th August 2014 at 07:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Where to buy lenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by firoz3321 View Post
I have tried both apps. Due to loss of edge data i don't really see a point watch videos in it. Unless the videos are made to compensate the loss (round cornered videos)

Also in my first post i attached template but its not getting attached.
Thank you very much for posting the templates. What would you have done differently from the template you posted to get it to close? I also noticed that the template is most likely for the Note 3. (The volume rocker was shifted.)

Also, where did you (or anyone else that did this build) find the lenses? (Please link)

Would these work? http://www.edmundoptics.com/optics/o...x-lenses/28369

firoz3321
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yes the template was of note 3, but somehow this fits my note 2 perfectly ( may be printer reduced the size a bit)

I didn't get your query.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

charlie_cc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
http://www.unofficialcardboard.com/p...cut-kit-w-nfc/

SPIDERTECH
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperg21 View Post
Thank you very much for posting the templates. What would you have done differently from the template you posted to get it to close? I also noticed that the template is most likely for the Note 3. (The volume rocker was shifted.)

Also, where did you (or anyone else that did this build) find the lenses? (Please link)

Would these work? http://www.edmundoptics.com/optics/o...x-lenses/28369
Those lenses will not work. The focal length is 58mm whereas the ones used with the Google Cardboard template are 40mm. The ideal lenses would be 25mm Diameter x 40mm FL. I have a modified version that I used with some lenses I got out of a pair of "as seen on TV" binocular glasses. I'm not sure what the size of those lenses are, but it is higher than 40mm since I had to increase the distance between the phone and the lenses for it to focus properly.

Put this string into Google and you should find all that site has for this size lens

Code:
25mm Diameter x "40mm FL" site:http://www.edmundoptics.co.uk

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

[QUOTE=jbcoop;54627820]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDERTECH View Post
I saw that you sent the donation. Thank you for that.
Was there a particular ROM you were looking at for the 4.4.2 or were you wanting to update to the official release?

Spidertech, I sent you a private message. Thank you! Looking forward to Otterbox case template.
jbcoop
Almost done with the otterbox template. I have to separate the lens holder into two files since it's so big. As with the other one I posted there will be both a zip with individual 8.5 x 11in PDFs you print out and match the numbers for as well as a PNG with everything in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SPIDERTECH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SPIDERTECH
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcoop View Post

Almost done with the otterbox template. I have to separate the lens holder into two files since it's so big. As with the other one I posted there will be both a zip with individual 8.5 x 11in PDFs you print out and match the numbers for as well as a PNG with everything in it.
I finished the template. I'm going to print it out and assemble it so I can do a test fit to make sure everything fits right. I'll post the files as soon as I get that done.