Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VZW Sense 6 OTA 3.09.605.2

Tip us?

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
RUU is posted...This is for S-off users only and is a complete RUU

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...605-2-t2852018

Anthony-m
Old
(Last edited by Anthony-m; 19th August 2014 at 09:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=dottat;54911765]RUU is posted...This is for S-off users only and is a complete RUU

Full Firmware. Stock recoveries. and OTA updates
!!!THIS DOES NOT EFFECT ROOT OR S-OFF OR BOOTLOADER UNLOCK!!!
You will still be unlocked and S-off after flashing...

2.16.605.2 firmware.zip
3.09.605.2 firmware.zip
Firmware files include boot.img and recovery.img.
Place the zip in your fastboot/adb directory on your computer.
Put the device in fastboot mode
(Volume down and power until menu appears, select fastboot using power button)
Connect the device to the computer
Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (rename file to firmware.zip)
It will say that the update did not finish, to flush again, so repeat the above step:
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader (this reboots the device to bootloader)

I cut and pasted from the other thread, so if I do the above I will have sense 6 and will also keep my root/s-off and unlocked status? If that is true then I would just need to use the 3.09 firmware and rename it to firmware.zip? What is the 2.16 firmware for? Thanks for your help and thanks for setting this up for everyone to use I just don't want to mess up my phone by not asking if I am understanding this correctly.

Anthony-m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=Anthony-m;54921454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
RUU is posted...This is for S-off users only and is a complete RUU

Full Firmware. Stock recoveries. and OTA updates
!!!THIS DOES NOT EFFECT ROOT OR S-OFF OR BOOTLOADER UNLOCK!!!
You will still be unlocked and S-off after flashing...

2.16.605.2 firmware.zip
3.09.605.2 firmware.zip
Firmware files include boot.img and recovery.img.
Place the zip in your fastboot/adb directory on your computer.
Put the device in fastboot mode
(Volume down and power until menu appears, select fastboot using power button)
Connect the device to the computer
Enter the following commands from terminal/command prompt in the fastboot directory, one at a time:
fastboot oem rebootRUU (this puts the device in RUU mode)
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (rename file to firmware.zip)
It will say that the update did not finish, to flush again, so repeat the above step:
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot reboot-bootloader (this reboots the device to bootloader)

I cut and pasted from the other thread, so if I do the above I will have sense 6 and will also keep my root/s-off and unlocked status? If that is true then I would just need to use the 3.09 firmware and rename it to firmware.zip? What is the 2.16 firmware for? Thanks for your help and thanks for setting this up for everyone to use I just don't want to mess up my phone by not asking if I am understanding this correctly.
I did the above and it said successful and now after rebooting the bootloader I go back to my phone and my wifi no longer works

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=Anthony-m;54928694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony-m View Post

I did the above and it said successful and now after rebooting the bootloader I go back to my phone and my wifi no longer works
Flash the kernel for the rom you are using again.

Anthony-m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=dottat;54928733]
Quote:
Flash the kernel for the rom you are using again.
I totally bricked the phone, not sure how I did it. I can only get to the bootloader screen. When I try and go into recovery I get the phone image with the red trianlge inside of it. It will eventually go back to the bootloader screen but there is nothing I can do from there. The battery is around 20 percent does that make a difference on getting into the recovery? I have also seen a phone image with 3 green arrows making a circle. I think this phone is toast lol..

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=Anthony-m;54930160]
Quote:

I totally bricked the phone, not sure how I did it. I can only get to the bootloader screen. When I try and go into recovery I get the phone image with the red trianlge inside of it. It will eventually go back to the bootloader screen but there is nothing I can do from there. The battery is around 20 percent does that make a difference on getting into the recovery? I have also seen a phone image with 3 green arrows making a circle. I think this phone is toast lol..
Total brick is no boot loader. You can try flashing a custom recovery via Fastboot and then dirty flashing your Rom.

If all else fails go to my ruu thread

Anthony-m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=dottat;54930282]
Quote:
Total brick is no boot loader. You can try flashing a custom recovery via Fastboot and then dirty flashing your Rom.

If all else fails go to my ruu thread
When I am in the bootloader screen, my pc no longer sees my phone, adb doesn't see a device when I try and go to recovery I get either a red triangle screen or the image with the 3 green arrows. factory reset from bootloader screen does the same thing..I can always get to bootloader screen but that is about all. What you typed to me in reply is pretty foreign to me. I bit off more than I could chew. If my pc through USB cant see the phone and no ADB how else can i flash something on the phone? Thanks for your help though, if I can't fix it what are my options? Can I send it to HTC and pay them to get me back to stock? I know my warranty is gone lol. This is all my fault, I shouldn't have tried to update to sense 6 when I was so unsure of what I was doing. Certainly your instructions were perfect for anyone with a brain for this stuff.

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=Anthony-m;54930500]
Quote:

When I am in the bootloader screen, my pc no longer sees my phone, adb doesn't see a device when I try and go to recovery I get either a red triangle screen or the image with the 3 green arrows. factory reset from bootloader screen does the same thing..I can always get to bootloader screen but that is about all. What you typed to me in reply is pretty foreign to me. I bit off more than I could chew. If my pc through USB cant see the phone and no ADB how else can i flash something on the phone? Thanks for your help though, if I can't fix it what are my options? Can I send it to HTC and pay them to get me back to stock? I know my warranty is gone lol. This is all my fault, I shouldn't have tried to update to sense 6 when I was so unsure of what I was doing. Certainly your instructions were perfect for anyone with a brain for this stuff.
Got a hangouts address? Pm me it. I will help you get back.
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Anthony-m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=dottat;54930626]
Quote:
Got a hangouts address? Pm me it. I will help you get back.
I just want to say that dottat helped me out in a big way getting my phone up and running better than it ever did before. I was seriously going to be looking into using an upgrade on my Verizon account to get a new phone after I continuously failed to sort out this problem I created for myself. dottat logged onto my computer and took over and within 15 minutes I was good to go, not to mention he taught me quite a bit of stuff that I am going to try and soak in. Thanks again my friend, I really appreciate what you did. I am thrilled the phone is working great again and Sense 6 seems IMO to be a nice leap forward when compared to 5.5.

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 795

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=Anthony-m;54933116]
Quote:

I just want to say that dottat helped me out in a big way getting my phone up and running better than it ever did before. I was seriously going to be looking into using an upgrade on my Verizon account to get a new phone after I continuously failed to sort out this problem I created for myself. dottat logged onto my computer and took over and within 15 minutes I was good to go, not to mention he taught me quite a bit of stuff that I am going to try and soak in. Thanks again my friend, I really appreciate what you did. I am thrilled the phone is working great again and Sense 6 seems IMO to be a nice leap forward when compared to 5.5.
Got your donation this am and I wanted to say thanks!

Appreciate it a lot!