Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 38,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] WifiKill - disable internet for network hoggers (Android 4.x)

Tip us?

dronepro
Old
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bponury View Post
Ask on PP, I'm basically not reachable now.
It's all good, a donation on my part....

Hopefully something like this will resurface...
Hit THANKS If i was helpful and Thank You

Device 1: HTC ONE Dev S-OFF CID 11111111
Rom: ARHD by Mike1986

Device 2 & 3: HTC Sensation 4G Beats Audio
Rom: Android Revolution HD 7.2.0 XE

Download Radio HERE. By user: godfirst
Vomer's GUIDE TO - S-OFF, SuperCID, Firmware Upgrade & Custom Recovery

DarthRock
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default WiFiKill Root?

Does it have to be on a rooted phone? I'm a novice at this and am afraid to venture into the rooting until I'm more confident in those skills.

Here's the problem and maybe y'all can help me out...

I volunteer at a local Day Shelter for the needy. The next-door neighbor allows us to use his WiFi so clients can access various resources for help. The problem we're having is that there is one guy that comes in daily with his laptop and games all day long. The games use up so much bandwidth that it keeps knocking everyone else off the network, not allowing anyone else to use it. By policy, we can't kick him out of the shelter, and asking the neighbor to put on a password would be fruitless, because eventually this individual would get the password from someone and we're back at the same problem again. We've tried to be polite and ask him not to game, but it's of no use.
My question is this... is there anyway, using, let's say, an android phone, to jam his signal so he cannot access the WiFi network, thus ticking him off enough because he can't game and he leaves, thus opening up the network for it's real intentions, to help others find assistance they need?

Thanks for any input, ideas, suggestions and assistance in this matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarthRock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antukubo
Old
Thanks Meter 61
#DarthRock

Ask your neighbor to put his mac adress on the router blacklist using mac filtering
Motorola Defy
TWRP | Touch Bootmenu | Quarx's CM11 Nightly
Acer Iconia Tab A200
Unlocked bootloader - rooted | OC 1.5Ghz | TWRP | Stock ICS 4.0.3
Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini
GT-I8190N | Rooted | TWRP | Stock JB 4.1.2

"proud the be an androider..."
The Following User Says Thank You to antukubo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pakalica
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is really awesome app

i rooted my phone cause of this

Tower1972
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRock View Post
Does it have to be on a rooted phone? I'm a novice at this and am afraid to venture into the rooting until I'm more confident in those skills.

Here's the problem and maybe y'all can help me out...

I volunteer at a local Day Shelter for the needy. The next-door neighbor allows us to use his WiFi so clients can access various resources for help. The problem we're having is that there is one guy that comes in daily with his laptop and games all day long. The games use up so much bandwidth that it keeps knocking everyone else off the network, not allowing anyone else to use it. By policy, we can't kick him out of the shelter, and asking the neighbor to put on a password would be fruitless, because eventually this individual would get the password from someone and we're back at the same problem again. We've tried to be polite and ask him not to game, but it's of no use.
My question is this... is there anyway, using, let's say, an android phone, to jam his signal so he cannot access the WiFi network, thus ticking him off enough because he can't game and he leaves, thus opening up the network for it's real intentions, to help others find assistance they need?

Thanks for any input, ideas, suggestions and assistance in this matter.
A store next to us used to let us use his also but the password would time out after an hour in which case we would have to go there and get another code
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 10.2 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0

If you like scary video games..Give Five Nights at Freddies a shot...I havent jumped that much in a long time!!

ettore88
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hi guys!!! What is the latest version of WiFiKill ? !!! Thanks in advance!!!

gelo01
Old
Thanks Meter 249
I don't know why and how, but v1.7 of wifikill works on HTC One android 4.4.2 sense 6 (ARHD 71.1). Yes. Finally!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1407510360734.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (34.5 KB, 371 views)
File Type: jpg 1407510374910.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (38.8 KB, 357 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to gelo01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robroy90
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower1972 View Post
A store next to us used to let us use his also but the password would time out after an hour in which case we would have to go there and get another code
Get the MAC address of the offending laptop. It could then be added to the blocked list, depending on the wifi router used to provide the connection.

Dc4479
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I think it's 2.2 but not 100% sure

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

NOCamus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default WifiKill - Grab/Kill problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnowPrincess View Post
I tested it more than one time at home with best internet connection. It blocked the access instantly after clicking "grab". 1-2 seconds later I wan't able to open any site on my notebook.
Hi,

For all those who have the "Grab/Kill" problem.. this was something tha work for me!!:

1st - Instal and run Facesniff

2nd - Run WifiKill at the same time Facesniff its doing its work.
You will notice that WifiKill will grab info as soon it finds a network, even that the "Grab" option is OFF.

3rd - After WifiKill do all his search, close it properly.. and then stop the search of Facesniff and close it too.

4th - Rum WifiKill normaly and "grab" will not "kill" the connection anymore.

Sorry for my english.. cus its not my native language. :P

My best regards..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NOCamus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
mac spoofing, netcut, netkill, wifi kill, wifikill