Ask a question

No registration required

The camera overheating issue

OP ILS_SuperNova

4th July 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
What issue? - Sony
I tweeted @SonyXperiagb a few weeks ago the overheat issue and the response was pretty much "what is, not heard of this". I was a little annoyed so I posted a google search url back to them. Then they ask to see the message, again I posted an image I stated I had google image searched. The final response, send it in for repair. So maybe everyone should do that and sony repair centres will have a nightmare trying to fix something that they cannot?
5th July 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #82  
Flag Worksop
Thanks Meter: 40

424 posts
More
Im on holiday in cyprus and was looking forward to taking some holiday snaps.Once I took tye phone out of my pocket I could take 3 photos then the app switches off due to overheating. Had to get the go pro out instead which is fine for taking 1080p video for over 2 hrs!!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
21st August 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #83  
Flag Manaus
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
More
Angry Freeze overheat control service
I live in a very hot city, and it's almost impossible to use AR effects. 4k video at least works for a couple of minutes, but AR effects closes as soon as I try to use it due to camera overheating. I was wondering if the temperature service was disabled... If this issue would be solved. So I froze the overheating control service using titanium backup ( Overheat control - com.sonyericsson.psm.sysmonservice). And it worked! My camera stopped to force closing due to overheating. I think it's a software problem, the temperature level trigger to shut down the camera must be have settled too low,, if the phone was too hot, it should turn it off entirely, not just the camera. Well... My camera is working fine now. But I think this is not a safe solution. I guess if for some reason my Z2 get really hot, with overheating control disabled, it would not be powered off to prevent damage and my phone would be toasted. But I think there will be no trouble to freeze overheating control before using camera and activate it later... That's really annoying, but it's better than lose a moment cause your camera refuses to work due to supposed overheat.

*just to remember... In order to freeze overheat control service you need to be rooted

SONY Xperia Z2 D6543 4.4.2. 17.1.2.A.0.314 stock ROM rooted
21st August 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #84  
Flag Hatfield, UK
Thanks Meter: 345

1,304 posts
Donate to Me
More
You posted this twice, so here's my response for the other post; http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=239
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread