[Q] Knox Warranty question

OP Nooget37

21st August 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 149

393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blognc

That makes the most sense, though I'm struggling to find anyone who has sent the phone back to Sprint that has posted about it. Does anyone know what has actually happened for 0x1 people who sent their phone in?

I was in a Sprint Corporate Store today, upgrading an old flip phone I had. Showed the tech my rooted, one month old, Note 3. He said that he cannot touch a rooted phone. So, I said what happens if I unroot the phone? The tech said no problem, he can warranty it. Sprint doesn't care about KNOX. Samsung cares about KNOX, if you spent millions on a security system from the NSA and it failed or was hacked, well you get the idea!!!
21st August 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #12  
New York
Thanks Meter: 19

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzweb1

I was in a Sprint Corporate Store today, upgrading an old flip phone I had. Showed the tech my rooted, one month old, Note 3. He said that he cannot touch a rooted phone. So, I said what happens if I unroot the phone? The tech said no problem, he can warranty it. Sprint doesn't care about KNOX. Samsung cares about KNOX, if you spent millions on a security system from the NSA and it failed or was hacked, well you get the idea!!!

That's what I figured, but these threads are filled with people speculating, and no one reporting what they actually did or what happened. I love XDA, but sometimes everyone here misses the really obvious ways they can help people. I did PM one person who said months ago that he was sending in his Knox 0x1 Note 3 to Sprint and crossing his fingers, and he responded to me that he got it back, unrooted, with no problem, so that's at least one person who was fine. I'm going to send mine back now and report here if I have any issues.
22nd August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 149

393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blognc

That's what I figured, but these threads are filled with people speculating, and no one reporting what they actually did or what happened. I love XDA, but sometimes everyone here misses the really obvious ways they can help people. I did PM one person who said months ago that he was sending in his Knox 0x1 Note 3 to Sprint and crossing his fingers, and he responded to me that he got it back, unrooted, with no problem, so that's at least one person who was fine. I'm going to send mine back now and report here if I have any issues.

This is the way Sprint looks at it. If you bring in a rooted device, they by company policy won't touch it. If you unroot the phone, they will warranty the device. I know this is the way it works if you bring the phone to a corporate store, I did it, If you send in a unrooted device, I know they will warranty it. Trust me, I have a kids with rooted cell phones. If the device is rooted and you HARD BRICK the phone, or drop it in a lake while it is on. There is no way to tell if it is rooted. So, they at there choosing either install a fresh OS (if possible), or replace the device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread