Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2att/d2cri/d2mtr/d2usc]

Tip us?

Right2Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unalive3 View Post
Thanks. I installed the 8/3 nightly yesterday. I have only had one random restart, which was an odd one--I was only browsing Facebook in Chrome. The only bug I've encountered comes from after it's charging. The notification bar will slightly pull down and freeze on the lockscreen. This has happened a few times today. Unlocking the phone causes the bar to go back to normal, but while it's frozen I cannot pull it down to access my quick settings.

I'm still getting a hang of it, but so far I do like it better than cm11. I just wish either had options to customize the led and add contact text tones to the stock sms app.

On a side note. What does the two boxes icon do? I've attached a screenshot. (The one to the left of the quick settings toggle / just above the airplane mode switch)
I have changed the colors and look of the icons on mine. It is all buried in the settings. I have not messed with the sounds too much as of yet but there all there to play with.

Unalive3
Old
(Last edited by Unalive3; 19th August 2014 at 11:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3deviant721 View Post
There are some LED options under Settings>Display & lights all the way at the bottom. It doesn't do anything like Light Flow, but it is pretty well featured for a built in LED control. I think it works great. Not sure about the text tones, I don't do a whole lot of texting...

Those boxes are for Hover... I personally don't like it so I keep it off.

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!
Thanks. I'll do some research on hover. I just didn't know how to describe the icon to do a search on the silly thing.
I used a custom app called SMS Popup to handle my messages on my old rom. That app used the stock sms app, but it displayed popups and allowed for custom led and text tones for contacts. SMS Popup doesn't support KitKat, and Carbon's sms app handles the pop ups too. I've tried the options under Settings>Display & Lights>Pulse notification light, but it doesn't allow for customizing for contacts. That's kind of disappointing given how Carbon seems to have a beastly number of settings for everything. I can always go to another sms app, but I don't want to lose the "call from notification bar" and "contact pic on lockscreen" options that make the stock sms great. hmmm

mmurphmsu
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unalive3 View Post
Thanks. I'll do some research on hover. I just didn't know how to describe the icon to do a search on the silly thing.
I used a custom app called SMS Popup to handle my messages on my old rom. That app used the stock sms app, but it displayed popups and allowed for custom led and text tones for contacts. SMS Popup doesn't support KitKat, and Carbon's sms app handles the pop ups too. I've tried the options under Settings>Display & Lights>Pulse notification light, but it doesn't allow for customizing for contacts. That's kind of disappointing given how Carbon seems to have a beastly number of settings for everything. I can always go to another sms app, but I don't want to lose the "call from notification bar" and "contact pic on lockscreen" options that make the stock sms great. hmmm
Checkout the chompSMS app. That's what I use and it has a lot of customizations you can do.

Najuto9tail
Old
Thanks Meter 145
i am loving this rom! buttery smooth
AT&T Galaxy S III SGH-747 (Peble Blue) Carbon Rom
Nexus 7= Cyanogen mod
Wife - AT&T Galaxy S III SGH-747 (Garnet Red) Stock rooted
Nexus 7= Cyanogen mod

I love reading the forums, learn new things and help out others!