Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][PORT][n51x0][Samsung JB/KK] Boeffla-Kernel 1.1 beta2/2.0 beta3 (18-08-2014)

Tip us?

ZaneZam
Old
(Last edited by ZaneZam; 2nd August 2014 at 01:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2890
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnersey View Post
Kernel is super smooth but my cat log is going ballistic with usb debugging errors... unrelated?

Yeah this still bothers me too. Dunno exactly it might be related to some changes in ramdisk but everything is working so far and therefore i didn't investigate further, and actually because of that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51465015

[Q] USB Debugging issue

It looks like this issue may be fixed in Android 4.4.3. <br />
<br />
It just said a USB Debugging security fix.<br />
<br />
Here is a link with the info: [url]http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/03......

Btw. If u disable usb debugging, its gone!

i think i did also a check on stock kernel and the same errors appeared when usb debugging was enabled.
But i would have to repeat that test because atm i cant remember exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by memooffon View Post
I can't see version 2 for KK download link
Can anyone help me.
Lord Boeffla will update the download section if he has time to meanwhile you can get it in the corresponding JB section for example here:

http://boeffla.df-kunde.de/n5110/boeffla-kernel/Test/
Galaxy S III (i9300) | Rom: XXUGND5 | Modem: XXUGNA8 | Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel 5.4b1 | Governor: ZZMoove v0.9b4 | Tweaks: Fix FlashCounter | | Galaxy Note 8 (N5110) | Rom: XXDNF1 | Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel 2.0b2 | | Galaxy S (i9000) | Rom: XWJW6 | Modem: XWJW1 | Kernel: Semaphore 2.7.4sbf | Tweaks: ThunderBolt! v2.7.6 | Mod: Boeffla Mod 5.0 blue
The Following User Says Thank You to ZaneZam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Romcrazguy
Old
Thanks Meter 306

DONATE TO ME
Hey zane I noticed when playing games the tablet goes in standby while I'm playing ...how can I fix this

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ZaneZam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2890
you mean screen goes off, yes I faced that too a couple of times (but strangely not every time) no idea atm, but will do a deeper look when I've time. can u check if disabling touch wake does anything change for you (if enabled, though)
Galaxy S III (i9300) | Rom: XXUGND5 | Modem: XXUGNA8 | Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel 5.4b1 | Governor: ZZMoove v0.9b4 | Tweaks: Fix FlashCounter | | Galaxy Note 8 (N5110) | Rom: XXDNF1 | Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel 2.0b2 | | Galaxy S (i9000) | Rom: XWJW6 | Modem: XWJW1 | Kernel: Semaphore 2.7.4sbf | Tweaks: ThunderBolt! v2.7.6 | Mod: Boeffla Mod 5.0 blue
The Following User Says Thank You to ZaneZam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Romcrazguy
Old
Thanks Meter 306

DONATE TO ME
Ya screen goes off and touch wake is disabled

The Following User Says Thank You to Romcrazguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crescendo Xenomorph
Old
Thanks Meter 1278

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnersey View Post
Kernel is super smooth but my cat log is going ballistic with usb debugging errors... unrelated?
Its the Secure_Storage error.
Try to change this line ro.securestorage.support=true to false in /system/build.prop and reboot.
See if there's any more error..
And btw, you have to re-authenticate your wifi after reboot...

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
ROM: N5100XXCMK1
Kernel: Boeffla
---------------------------------------------------------
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
ROM: N900XXUENG1
Kernel: Samsung Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Crescendo Xenomorph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZaneZam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaneZam View Post
you mean screen goes off, yes I faced that too a couple of times (but strangely not every time) no idea atm, but will do a deeper look when I've time. can u check if disabling touch wake does anything change for you (if enabled, though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romcrazguy View Post
Hey zane I noticed when playing games the tablet goes in standby while I'm playing ...how can I fix this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romcrazguy View Post
Ya screen goes off and touch wake is disabled

well actually i do not really have to look into that screen off during gaming thing because after reviewing my answer and wondering what i wrote *g* i've tested some games (i'm not a big gambler so i have to explicitly test *gg*) and i have to correct my "in hurry"-statement "a bit" it has nothing to do with touch screen settings because this function doesn't influence disabling screen at all, it just "delays" disabling the touch/pen detection. and it is also not really strange that it happens not every time and with every game because it depends on the game itself and how it handles screen on staying. for example with random mahjong i get a normal system screen timeout of 30 sec when not touching the screen but with angry birds the screen stays on all the time, reproducible. so now after that correction i can suggest that u could try to use smart stay function for games which doesn't keep the screen on when not touching it. sry the answer would have been so easy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZaneZam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Romcrazguy
Old
Thanks Meter 306

DONATE TO ME
I'll give it a shot and see thanks ZaneZam

ZaneZam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2890
Exclamation New Versions available!

Hi Guys,

just want to inform u that there are new versions available via "Load & Flash" or as usual HERE

Changelogs:

Version 1.1-beta2 for JB 4.2.2
  • Added missing boot animation binary to support custom boot animations (ZaneZam)
  • Added support for current CPU temperature reading from Exynos4 TMU driver for ZZMoove v0.9 beta4 (ZaneZam)
  • Update to ZZMoove v0.9 beta4 (ZaneZam)
  • Added forgotten knockon delay slider configuration for boeffla-config in n5100 builds (ZaneZam)
  • Fix error in touchwake parametrization creating exceptions in boeffla-config (Lord Boeffla)
  • Update to BFQ v7r5 (Lord Boeffla)
  • Update su binary to version 2.02 (Lord Boeffla)
  • Enable external USB web cam support (Lord Boeffla)
  • Fix zRam functionality to work properly on 4.2+ roms (Lord Boeffla)

Version 2.0-beta3 for KK 4.4.2
  • Added missing boot animation binary to support custom boot animations (ZaneZam)
  • Added support for current CPU temperature reading from Exynos4 TMU driver for ZZMoove v0.9 beta4 (ZaneZam)
  • Update to ZZMoove v0.9 beta4 (ZaneZam)
  • Fix error in touchwake parametrization creating exceptions in boeffla config (Lord Boeffla)
  • Update to BFQ v7r5 (Lord Boeffla)
  • Update su binary to version 2.02 (Lord Boeffla)
  • Disable "ro.securestorage.knox" in init process to avoid the kernel log being flooded with mobicore daemon errors (Lord Boeffla)
  • Set SELinux to permissive earlier in init process by using CMDLINE from kernel config (Lord Boeffla)
  • Disable Knox in init process (Lord Boeffla)
  • Update mali driver from r3p2 rel3 to r3p2 rel4 + set older mali api for compatibility reasons (Lord Boeffla)
  • Enable external USB web cam support (Lord Boeffla)
  • Fix zRam functionality to work properly on 4.2+ roms (Lord Boeffla)
  • Change to proper naming in kernel specification for online version detection (ZaneZam)

credits and thx to @Lord Boeffla for the improvements!

enjoy!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZaneZam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

locce
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Thanx for a great kernel... No problems with beta 3😁

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505G mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to locce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shangxiaole
Old
Thanks Meter 6
super smooth.

Tags
boeffla, kernel, note 8