Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 41,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [m7]

Tip us?

doomhendi
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Hey, can somebody give me a hint which custom kernels work with the latest nightly ?
thx a lot!

nedd1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Wi-Fi takes a long time to reconnect in the last few nightlies.

Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my One

doomhendi
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedd1 View Post

Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my One
Mhh nope, works fine for me
The Following User Says Thank You to doomhendi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carlolgb
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:

Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my One
Nope...everything works great for me!

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomhendi View Post
Hey, can somebody give me a hint which custom kernels work with the latest nightly ?
thx a lot!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53561094

I know its almost 2 weeks ago, but now, last update oft this kernel works reeely good!

doomhendi
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlolgb View Post
Nope...everything works great for me!

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53561094

I know its almost 2 weeks ago, but now, last update oft this kernel works reeely good!
hey, better a bit late then no answer at all ^^
thx for the info, I'll test it tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to doomhendi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nedd1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am still having problems with WIFI. It fails to re-connect to networks, for example if I am in work and leave the building and come back it wont re-connect to the network.

Also, I installed the Kernel above and now the screen lag on unlock is really bad. I think I will have to revert.

jbird951
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I installed this rom last night and so far I'm really liking it, blown away at all the things I can change. I read over this thread, and I Googled AOSP lockscreen, but I'm missing something here obviously. Forgive this question, I came from ViperRom so I haven't been on a AOSP rom for ages now.
On the lockscreen, when I add shortcuts for the 8 way circle am I not suppose to be able to add regular apps? or the camera? I'm seeing a very limited selection of what I can put. I seem to remember something similar when I ran PA a year ago, but I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me. If someone could just tell me what to Google here, I'm not exactly sure how to word it I guess.

good rom though!

carlolgb
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
I am still having problems with WIFI. It fails to re-connect to networks, for example if I am in work and leave the building and come back it wont re-connect to the network.

Also, I installed the Kernel above and now the screen lag on unlock is really bad. I think I will have to revert.
Maybe you need a clean install...or not, i only dirt flash the last 4 carbon updates and as i say, i got not 1 problem, with or without the kernel (i only need the custom kernel for l2m)

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird951 View Post
I installed this rom last night and so far I'm really liking it, blown away at all the things I can change. I read over this thread, and I Googled AOSP lockscreen, but I'm missing something here obviously. Forgive this question, I came from ViperRom so I haven't been on a AOSP rom for ages now.
On the lockscreen, when I add shortcuts for the 8 way circle am I not suppose to be able to add regular apps? or the camera? I'm seeing a very limited selection of what I can put. I seem to remember something similar when I ran PA a year ago, but I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me. If someone could just tell me what to Google here, I'm not exactly sure how to word it I guess.

good rom though!
Sorry, i dont know...i dont use lockscreen shortcuts.

nedd1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yeah, it might be clean install o'clock.

Sent from my One