Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,394 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide][Root+CWM] Samsung Trend plus GT-S7580

Tip us?

Valittaja
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_xxxxx View Post
I wiped dalvik cache a then wipe cache partition but errors (canīt mount/open...) are still there. I flashed stock ROM several times but with no success. Could formating external sdcard help?
As the first post says:
I suggest using this CWM recovery to root your phone ONLY. This version is not fully compatible with Android 4.2.2

I do get also "Can't mount /system !" for example ..
It's frustrating and time consuming, but it works for me..
Keep on trying to restore the image or /system .. eventually it will go thru and work.

Then, if you get .md5 checksum errors (like i do everytime...) , just delete the .md5 file and it will work..
or look at this thread about the md5 checksum error..

Thomas_xxxxx
Old
(Last edited by Thomas_xxxxx; 22nd August 2014 at 07:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valittaja View Post
As the first post says:
I suggest using this CWM recovery to root your phone ONLY. This version is not fully compatible with Android 4.2.2

I do get also "Can't mount /system !" for example ..
It's frustrating and time consuming, but it works for me..
Keep on trying to restore the image or /system .. eventually it will go thru and work.

Then, if you get .md5 checksum errors (like i do everytime...) , just delete the .md5 file and it will work..
or look at this thread about the md5 checksum error..
How do I restore image/system? And where do I delete md5 file from? When I do it, I will no longer get Canīt mount/open errors? Please tell me exact guide step by step.

Valittaja
Old
(Last edited by Valittaja; 25th August 2014 at 12:14 PM.) Reason: adding info about backup restore..
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_xxxxx View Post
How do I restore image/system? And where do I delete md5 file from? When I do it, I will no longer get Canīt mount/open errors? Please tell me exact guide step by step.
If you check this and this topic, you will find the solution + guide to fix md5 checksum errors.

Anyways, using this clockworkmod modification means trouble.
It is buggy and might render your phone unbootable, like it has done on me several times...
There is no official Clockworkmod for Samsung Galaxy Trend/Plus, someone hacked this up, with bad results. :P
The only option left for me was to download a firmware from sammobile and flash it via odin on windows.
I just had to re-flash stock firmware again yesterday as this clockwork mod refused to restore any backups..
So I suggest you do NOT use this for anything else than just rooting your phone.

Guides on using Clockworkmod can be found here and here.

I suggest you use freeware apps like Ease Backup or G-Cloud backup to backup the important data like contacts/sms into cloud, so you can easily restore them back later if something goes wrong and you'd have to flash a new firmware..
Hope this helps.

edit:
This is what worked for me, to avoid "Can't mount /system!" when I tried to restore CWM backup an hour ago:

'Boot into CWM.. -> CWM main menu -> mounts and storage -> format /system -> go back -> backup and restore -> restore -> select your backup -> yes - restore -> if it fails, repeat the steps until it goes thru.

edit 2:
Upon restoring "successfully" CWM backup, some software and system apps were malfunctioning.. (you have to fix this manually by possibly reinstalling software..)
Tags
cwm recovery, root, s7580, samsung galaxy trend plus