Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GT-I9506] Pre-Rooted 4.3 ROM + Kernel. -- Testing 4.4.2.

Tip us?

DeHAWK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotaxor View Post
Funny, I dirty flash my country stock Rom (4.4.2), let it settle down a bit. After that, I flash your above autoroot kernel.
Surprisingly, wifi is working just fine. Off and on, reboot and wifi is still working.
Hey
Not surprisingly, you're still on your original signed sammy kernel.
Problem only comes with my insecure kernel, needed for a custom system.
Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeHAWK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 83
what about a deodexed system? or does that custom system need an insecure kernel and doesnt work with stock kernel?

hr2
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeHAWK View Post
Update.
AutoRoot for GT-I9506 now available for download.

NOTE: This AutoRoot is ONLY for people running the GT-I9506 - European version, running stock 4.4.2 release version XXUCNG3.
Download link found below instructions.

Before we start:
This AutoRoot image, was originally a CF-AutoRoot made by famous Chainfire for the Galaxy S5: SM-G900F - European version.
I converted the whole image to work on our S4+, all binary still belongs to Chainfire. I therefore take no credits for this work, all credits goes to Chainfire, since the idea and magic binary is still his work.

Flashing instructions:
Download the Zip file below and unpack using 7-Zip. Go to the directory where you unpacked the Zip file.
This archive contains Odin v3.07 set up for you. Start this Odin and click PDA, now select the SGS4+_AutoRoot.tar.md5 file.
After a few seconds, Odin has verified the md5 sum and is ready to flash.
Put phone in download mode...etc etc...same as we always do
Just as a precaution: Check that only Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time is marked.
Now press Start and the magic will happen.
Phone will now flash and then reboot into a special Chainfire recovery. WAIT for the magic to happen.
After this, phone will reboot as normal and you will end up at your normal system...now rooted.
Now find and start SuperSU, it will first ask you if you want to disable KNOX. Answer yes and wait.
If SuperSU has not responded in about a minute, press and hold HOME button, Clear memory; press left most icon and then select RAM, Clear memory.
Return to SuperSU and start it up again.
I have done this several times now and it works every time.
Now get yourself an app that can remove all the crap

Don't hesitate to contact me in here, if you encounter any problems or have questions.

Happy flashing and rooting.
Regards.
Root knox free? 0x0?

SoRiNuS
Old
(Last edited by SoRiNuS; Yesterday at 06:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hr2 View Post
Root knox free? 0x0?
A few posts back you have your answers. Why dont you read??? And this is only the AutoRoot, not the firmware. YOU can root then remove knox.

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Root knox free? 0x0?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoRiNuS View Post
A few posts back you have your answers. Why dont you read??? And this is only the AutoRoot, not the firmware. YOU can root then remove knox.
Quote:
Root knox free? 0x0?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoRiNuS View Post
Flashing this will trigger knox 0x1

DeHAWK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91 View Post
what about a deodexed system? or does that custom system need an insecure kernel and doesnt work with stock kernel?
Yes...that's the problem. Stock kernel doesn't accept a custom system. But stock system accepts an insecure kernel, but then the WiFi won't work. You see, that's what I am fighting right now. Even tried to flash the insecure kernel with custom system, let it install and then turned off. Then flashed stock kernel....no WiFi. Right now I can't see what is doing it, but I suspect something in the system...but it could also be my kernel. But kernel is now perfect, clean, fast and striped for unnecessary code.
But...this drives me crazy...
It's funny, because the chip controlling WiFi also controls Bluetooth and it works perfectly.
Well back to the keyboard.
Stay tuned.
Regards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeHAWK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mezo91
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeHAWK View Post
Yes...that's the problem. Stock kernel doesn't accept a custom system. But stock system accepts an insecure kernel, but then the WiFi won't work. You see, that's what I am fighting right now. Even tried to flash the insecure kernel with custom system, let it install and then turned off. Then flashed stock kernel....no WiFi. Right now I can't see what is doing it, but I suspect something in the system...but it could also be my kernel. But kernel is now perfect, clean, fast and striped for unnecessary code.
But...this drives me crazy...
It's funny, because the chip controlling WiFi also controls Bluetooth and it works perfectly.
Well back to the keyboard.
Stay tuned.
Regards.
Maybe something with the driver? Or an built in app blocks it.

kotaxor
Old
Thanks Meter 192
While waiting for the insecure kernel, manage to remove about 920MB of bloatware from the stock Rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to kotaxor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hr2
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91 View Post
Flashing this will trigger knox 0x1
Thx. (: