Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP](Root Req)Viper4Android Sound

Tip us?

kitdia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by duwerk View Post
Just wanted to post that I have installed Viper4Android and it works beautifully on my rooted S5. This app is the #1 reason I root.

This app will change the way you think about sound (seriously). Every time I demo the difference to someone by turning it on and off they immediately ask me to install it for them.

Installed using directions by @docnok63, paraphrased below for your convenience. I have only tested this app on my rooted T-mobile S5, and only with spotify (it's the only player I use). Of course you should always backup first and only you are responsible for what you do to your device.

1. Ensure you are rooted. From this point on, grant all superuser requests.

2. Download ViPER4Android FX. Get the latest version under the "Android FX" heading.

3. Extract the 4.x .apk from the zip. If you haven't already, smart-install Busybox from the play store.

4. Move the 4.x .apk to root system/app using a root-friendly file browser of your choice. Reboot to reset permissions.

5. Launch the app (from your app drawer). Grant root to let it install drivers. I've always gone with super audio quality; I suppose it's up to you. It may ask you if it can modify some files to disable power saving...just let it happen. Reboot again.

6. Go straight to settings/sound/music effects (at the bottom) and toggle Viper4Android as default.

7. Open root system/build.prop using a file explorer and text editor with root access. You change three lines of code as follows. Some may already have been changed.

Code:
Ipa.decode=true should read Ipa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false
8. Save the file and reboot once more. Open the Viper4Android app and have at the sound settings; play around until you find what works for you (just make sure to check "Enable" ). You can edit the settings as you have music playing. When you get it where you want it, toggle the enable button and see how far you've come.

You can explore the main app thread here for some ideas on customization.

All credit due to @viper520, @zhuhang, and @docnok63.

All I did was paraphrase. Hope this helps someone!

Hi all, i have a problem with the installation. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help as i purposely rooted my S5 just to install this app.

After step 4 and rebooted my phone, i could not find the app from the app drawer.

I tried to launch it directly from the system/app folder but i got the error: There was a problem parsing the package.

Does anyone has any idea why is this happening?

extremeg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitdia View Post
Hi all, i have a problem with the installation. Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help as i purposely rooted my S5 just to install this app.

After step 4 and rebooted my phone, i could not find the app from the app drawer.

I tried to launch it directly from the system/app folder but i got the error: There was a problem parsing the package.

Does anyone has any idea why is this happening?
Hi, I don't followed the Guide step by step but From S5 I went on the site and downloaded the latest version, extract APK, installed, open APP, installed drivers, and rebooted, then I changed all program settings and it works, even in ' settings/sound/music effects ' can be selected Viper4Android voice
All work fine...

kitdia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeg View Post
Hi, I don't followed the Guide step by step but From S5 I went on the site and downloaded the latest version, extract APK, installed, open APP, installed drivers, and rebooted, then I changed all program settings and it works, even in ' settings/sound/music effects ' can be selected Viper4Android voice
All work fine...
Hey thx for the reply

I've tried that too, everything operates as per normal except the it does not take effect to the music output. Guess i have to clean reboot the entire phone and try again :/

extremeg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitdia View Post
Hey thx for the reply

I've tried that too, everything operates as per normal except the it does not take effect to the music output. Guess i have to clean reboot the entire phone and try again :/
mnnn strange,
if you work in other fields, should also work with the music player, using a player other than the default?I for example use Maven, and performing the music, if I change the settings of Viper, such as the equalizer, changing realtime execution

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Viper4android DOES NOT work with stock player, because there isn't a menu where you can select the equalizer (like in Spotify or Poweramp)!

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : ^S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4^ (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.1 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock 3.0.31 ANF3
Baseband : I8190XXANF3

zrox
Old
Thanks Meter 37
use apollo player
Devices:
SGY = still kicking
SGS = sold
SGC = still kicking
Z1 = sold
S5 = awsome

Chaitanyapatel8880
Old
Thanks Meter 310

DONATE TO ME
Neutron player also gives the best result with viper4android. ..
Capt. Chaitanya Patel

If my post helped you than please click on THANKS button, it might be a little for you but VERY BIG for me...

My Contribution to XDA:

[GUIDE] [MAJOR UPDATE:9-JUL-14] Extreme Batterylife thread ADVANCE SETUP GUIDE

Widgets Illusion Theme

ahfu25
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I already have busybox installed but not smart installed. I also already have viper running and working with power amp. Will it make a difference to smart install busy box now?

AT&T Galaxy Note 3
4.4.2 Kit Kat Rooted
KK Safestrap 3.72

koragg97
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahfu25 View Post
I already have busybox installed but not smart installed. I also already have viper running and working with power amp. Will it make a difference to smart install busy box now?
If you've got it working, just leave it be

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device : Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
ROM : ^S5style_i8190XXANC2_v4^ (by @Galaxy Mini)
Recovery : TWRP 2.7.1.1 (by @Android-Andi)
Kernel : Stock 3.0.31 ANF3
Baseband : I8190XXANF3

The Following User Says Thank You to koragg97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
booyah, galaxys5, root, viper, viper4android