Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UB][Linaro][KitKat][4.4.4]Carbon Rom[Unofficial]

Tip us?

emkila
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nariz View Post
Well, I've installed beta 11 some days ago and am fairly happy - good job!

I've found some issues in the last days:

Main things not working
- Battery drains quickly
- WIFI sleep policy doesn't work
- A lot of FC's after some days (you need to reboot it to start again)
- FM Radio - how can we enable it?

Has anyone experienced this?

Things I miss:
- Stock camera - does anyone knows an apk to install it in this ROM?
- Album widget - the scrolling widget for photos - it doesn't come with the Album app - that I was able to install already - it beats the stock Gallery and QuickPic
I am using the second build released after Beta 11 (August 8) and I find it more stable. Also found the Xperia Home, Album and Walkman were way better than the stock apps. I have since installed them and have them running without issues.
Album: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2722348
Walkman: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730431
Yet to start the hunt for the camera app.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Using the second build released after Beta 11 and definitely a significant improvement on Beta 11 which had too many forced closure issues and needed frequent restarting. Beta 11 needed multiple resets a day. I have only needed to restart once in the last 3 days. Battery life is also better than Beta 11 which would have 10-20% drops between restarts and very fast battery drain.
Few problems persist.
  1. Lag: This was really bad in Beta 11 even with few apps installed. Just a bit better in the new build but I still find myself waiting sometimes for screen loads and for the caller information to load when receiving or making calls sometimes for long.
  2. I am using Xperia Home as my preferred launcher. Trying to uninstall apps from the launcher causes the launcher to crash and I have to select a launcher to load. App removal has to go through Settings>Apps. I have since tried two Xperia Home versions and still getting the same error. Any fix?
  3. Random resets. There are times I pull my phone out and find that I am at the screen for entering my SIM pin.
  4. Date/time setting persistence after a restart. I know guys have mentioned this many times but hoping this bug can be fixed.
Otherwise a very clean and smooth ROM when things are working well. Really like the many options for customizing the ROM that are available.

nariz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkila View Post
I am using the second build released after Beta 11 (August 8) and I find it more stable. Also found the Xperia Home, Album and Walkman were way better than the stock apps. I have since installed them and have them running without issues.
Album: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2722348
Walkman: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730431
Yet to start the hunt for the camera app.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Using the second build released after Beta 11 and definitely a significant improvement on Beta 11 which had too many forced closure issues and needed frequent restarting. Beta 11 needed multiple resets a day. I have only needed to restart once in the last 3 days. Battery life is also better than Beta 11 which would have 10-20% drops between restarts and very fast battery drain.
Few problems persist.
  1. Lag: This was really bad in Beta 11 even with few apps installed. Just a bit better in the new build but I still find myself waiting sometimes for screen loads and for the caller information to load when receiving or making calls sometimes for long.
  2. I am using Xperia Home as my preferred launcher. Trying to uninstall apps from the launcher causes the launcher to crash and I have to select a launcher to load. App removal has to go through Settings>Apps. I have since tried two Xperia Home versions and still getting the same error. Any fix?
  3. Random resets. There are times I pull my phone out and find that I am at the screen for entering my SIM pin.
  4. Date/time setting persistence after a restart. I know guys have mentioned this many times but hoping this bug can be fixed.
Otherwise a very clean and smooth ROM when things are working well. Really like the many options for customizing the ROM that are available.
Since installing The latest beta, my FCS have dropped and I haven't yet seen the behaviour of random resets I was having with the beta 11. Date/time issue I can't confirm now if its will happening. Lag is a little high, but much better from where I was coming from... Jb stock

I will try Xperia Home. Which one have you installed?

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app
Xperia S - unlocked bootloader - Carbon Rom 4.4.4 Beta 11

emkila
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nariz View Post
Since installing The latest beta, my FCS have dropped and I haven't yet seen the behaviour of random resets I was having with the beta 11. Date/time issue I can't confirm now if its will happening. Lag is a little high, but much better from where I was coming from... Jb stock

I will try Xperia Home. Which one have you installed?

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app
The FCs on Beta 11 were the most irritating. Too many and at the most inconvenient of times. Currently using the Xperia Home available here.

bytes-zn
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello guys,

I had the beta 11 and reverted back to the previous rom 2014/08/08 and it works fine but the beta 11 had more free ram, and the animations were better and smoother but only wasn't stable.

xDroidZz
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytes-zn View Post
Hello guys,

I had the beta 11 and reverted back to the previous rom 2014/08/08 and it works fine but the beta 11 had more free ram, and the animations were better and smoother but only wasn't stable.
thats good! now keep using the stable one.
ROM: Still searching the right rom for my daily use
VERSION: 4.1.2 - 4.4.4
DEVICE: Sony Xperia S LT26i
PREVIOUS DEVICES OWNED: Samsung Galaxy 5 (Stolen) & Samsung Galaxy Pocket (Sold)
http://i.imgur.com/DJ3ShpZ.png?1