Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KK][AOSP][TEAMEOS] OFFICIAL Evita Nightlies

Tip us?

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,612

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNSL View Post
Hey jrior,

You seem as knowledgable as anyone still deving in the Evita community so I hope you don't mind a question about a problem I'm having with AOSP roms (and EOS as well).

I just tried the latest nightlies for EOS, Vanir and Slimroms and each one has some severe call quality problems. I've noticed this in the past with AOSP roms but never really got confirmation if it's a limitation that will never go away, or WTF is going on. It's very obviously loud background noise on all calls. Actually it sounds a bit like the call is 8-bit audio or something with a correspondingly high noisefloor, if that helps explain it. If someone talks to me and talks relatively quietly, often I can't hear the majority of what they are saying. It's very frustrating.

Going back to any Sense ROM (Viper or the latest Sixth Sense) fixes it completely. I'd much rather be on AOSP though. Any thoughts?
Its been a few weeks since I've used my Evita and a good year since I've used sense. I'll try a call or 2 but I don't remember it being that bad.

Something to think about though...
Did you run the newer RUU prior to switching to aosp? The RUU loads all the newer firmware that the aosp ROMs are designed around.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeremyNSL
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I have updated to the latest 2.18 firmware sometime ago so I think I'm good on that account.

Is anyone aware of an app I could use to record the audio from a phone call on AOSP and on Sense? It would be much easier if I could just let you listen to what I'm hearing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrior001 View Post
Its been a few weeks since I've used my Evita and a good year since I've used sense. I'll try a call or 2 but I don't remember it being that bad.

Something to think about though...
Did you run the newer RUU prior to switching to aosp? The RUU loads all the newer firmware that the aosp ROMs are designed around.

oranget
Old
Thanks Meter 234
[QUOTE=JeremyNSL;54975022]I have updated to the latest 2.18 firmware sometime ago so I think I'm good on that account.

Do u mean you have Hboot 2.18?
HTC One XL
The Following User Says Thank You to oranget For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeremyNSL
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I thought I was on 2.18 but I guess it's 2.15... It appears there may actually be a newer firmware I didn't flash. I had to flash new firmware in Sept 2013 for Sense 5 but didn't do anything since then.

I'm going to try that right now (ATT 5.18 firmware), will post again if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the assistance!

[QUOTE=oranget;54975872]
Quote:
I have updated to the latest 2.18 firmware sometime ago so I think I'm good on that account.

Do u mean you have Hboot 2.18?
The Following User Says Thank You to JeremyNSL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeremyNSL
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I just flashed the 5.18 ATT firmware successfully, full wiped, and reinstalled EOS with no change still noisy call quality.

jrior001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,612

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I just flashed the 5.18 ATT firmware successfully, full wiped, and reinstalled EOS with no change still noisy call quality.
I remembered to grab my Evita off the shelf today on my way to work, but I forgot the little tool to get the sim out of my opo.