Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lg Optimus G pro E980 4.4.2 Problem

Tip us?

Montrose480
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Lg Optimus G pro E980 4.4.2 Problem

I have an Lg Optimus G pro E980 4.4.2 Problem.... I have an Unlocked AT&T E-980 running stock 4.4.2 KitKat that has Root accesses. When trying to enter the APN Type for my Straight Talk settings it is grayed out and will not let me change. So I cannot get the MMS. I did have the. 4.1.2 And the APN type would allow me to set the APN type. However when I did the update it wiped my Setting and now I am unable to set. AT&T blames straight talk and LG, LG and Straight talk say itís AT&T. I would like to keep 4.4.2 stock on my phone. I did flash my phone back to 4.1.2 just to make sure it was still letting me change the type and it is...... Is there a Stock Moded 4.4.2 for AT&T that fixes this or will allow me to keep my Lg options but opens my phone up so I can change my setting.. I have tried two ROMs Beanstalk and Nightleys CM11. I had a Stock Version on my HTC that was moded just canít find one my just be missing it.

My goal is Stock 4.4.2 that I can retain all my org functions Like LG side button I use for camera, and some of the Lg APPS I like. I have rooted b4 flashed ROMs but I am new to the whole thing by less than a year I do not understand most of the short hand so if responding please spell it out for me and treat me like I am far from an expert because I am very green here.
Thank you in advance.

Richard Sterling
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Maybe this will help a little bit....I have the lg optimus g pro that updated to 4.4.2 kitkat and gray out my apns for H2O I downloaded SQ Lite and was able the edit my apns through that app was up and running in 10 mins and im rooted

M1k3Carson1369
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Sterling View Post
Maybe this will help a little bit....I have the lg optimus g pro that updated to 4.4.2 kitkat and gray out my apns for H2O I downloaded SQ Lite and was able the edit my apns through that app was up and running in 10 mins and im rooted
Could you please please please PLEASE PLEASE give a more detailed description of how to do this??
Thank you soo SOO much!
|sent using xda premium|

_S.G.S.IV_[SPH-L720]
_[CWM] [PhilZ Touch]
_TriForceROM 5.2

_S.G.T.3 [SM-T217S]
_Goodness T3 [4.2.2]
_CWM Recovery

[RETIRED]
_S.G.S.III_[SPH-L710]
_[CWM] v6.0.3.7 [PhilZ Touch 5]
_Android.v4.3.1_[AoCP].v6.4
_[TheCollective]

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1k3Carson1369 View Post
Could you please please please PLEASE PLEASE give a more detailed description of how to do this??
Thank you soo SOO much!
Check out posts 12 and 13 of this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2761126&page=2
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)