Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 43,090 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchpad Toolbox

Tip us?

Kastoi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, thanks to JCsullins !! (and all the others...)

I just used tptoolbox to resuscitate my TP which was sleeping with android 4.0 for a while in a desk...

I now use it as a "media solution" to stream Google Music and my movies (bubbleupnp/ or plex) from the NAS to my TV and my stereo... awesome ! (i prefer having a device at home dedicated to that job than using my phone...)

i wouldn't have done it without tptoolbox, it was boring and time-consuming before that ...

TouchpadsNeverSayDie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I couldn't get the HP toolbox to recognize the novacom driver / service, even though I could run acme and communicate / query the TP.

Anyways, was running 4.4.2 can't remember which build. Updated to the jscullin 4.4.4 6/25?

Reading through the forums I didn't really see many instructions for this update path. Ended up copying the install .zip to the TP and ran install .zip from clockworkmod in the boot menu. Figured they were both 4.4.x and this shouldn't be an issue.

After the .zip load the TP booted and updated android with no problems. Optimized apps ect. When I logged in I had a few app updates but nothing major.

Impressed with 4.4.4 so far. I use chromecast to watch football (american), and it works flawless. Not a Netflix fan so no comment, although I think it would work fine since watchespn / YouTube cast w/o issue.

I don't use Bluetooth so...

Seems stable, not a single freeze or anything like that.

Just wanted to say that a "dirty" flash from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 works fine, at least for me and I didn't need to restore all my apps etc.

Been running android on this puppy for a few years now. Had access to an "early" device.

Kindly,

Tpnsd.

jcsullins
Old
Thanks Meter 1206

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknojunk@gmail.com View Post
Just finished installing the Toolbox (way to go JCS!!), just wanted to note that I received a "NOT COMPATIBLE DEVICE" error when following the instructions from JCS Post #64. When I used a WebOS doctor that I already had, there was no problem.

The doctor listed in post #64 is "webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar" which gave me the error
The doctor I used is "webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar" which worked fine

not sure what the difference is, but wanted to post this for non-devs like me.
Oops, I used the link for the Touchpad 4G instead of Touchpad Wifi. Corrected to include both appropriately labelled.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumad1 View Post
Hi, all. After unmounting the media volume (post copy of recovery, gapps and rom to ttinstall folder) I see the following: Checking Install files...

1 logical volume (s) in volume group "store" now active

No supported recovery file found. Aborting.

My ttinstall folder contains:

cm-11-20140705-UNOFFICIAL-3.4_kernel-tenderloin.zip
gapps-kk-20140105.zip
update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140512.zip

I'm assuming the last is my recovery. I've done the complete data reset three times, with the same issue. If I choose reboot, I get:
Selected: 'boot'
Loading ' /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin'...FAILED
BOOT FAILED!

Any idea on what's going on? Is there a "standard" recovery file I should try instead to make this work? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Please try the version of Touchpad Toolbox (v41) I just released in this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=293

Note that you will need to use one of the new Recoveries linked from that post.

If you still have problems with that version of TPToolbox, let me know in this thread.