Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: AOSP or Sense
AOSP 58 28.71%
Sense 6 144 71.29%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

AOSP or GPE or Sense on the One M8

Tip us?

tmorterlaing
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Does anyone know if they've 'fixed' the GPE or AOSP camera when used on M8 yet? (Quality not so good when tested a few months ago).

SolarTrans
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorterlaing View Post
Does anyone know if they've 'fixed' the GPE or AOSP camera when used on M8 yet? (Quality not so good when tested a few months ago).
There was one update (4.4.3 IIRC) that made a noticeable improvement, however it still isn't quite as good as Sense.

Sent from my HTC One M8 GPE using Tapatalk
iPhone 2G-5 (AT&T)
HTC One M7 (64GB, Developer Edition)
Galaxy S4 (16GB, AT&T)
Galaxy S4 (16GB, Google Play Edition)
Nexus 5 (32GB, White)
iPhone 5s (64GB, AT&T)
OnePlus One (64GB)
Sony Z Ultra (Google Play Edition)
iPad mini with Retina Display (128GB, AT&T LTE)
HTC One M8 (32GB, Google Play Edition)
LG G3 Cat. 6 (32GB, White)
LG G Watch (Black)

JETacoustic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nothing compares to a slightly modified sense Rom. It's a work of art. The viper rom specifically.

linezero
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazie1 View Post
Now that AOSP speakerphone is fixed did any of you guys move to AOSP?
did you move to aosp from sense? :P

Past Devices | HTC Wildfire -> HTC Incredible S -> HTC One X -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Nexus 4 -> Nexus 5 / Neuxs 7 (2013) |
HIT 'THANKS' IF I'VE HELPED YOU

krazie1
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4671
Quote:
Originally Posted by linezero View Post
did you move to aosp from sense? :P
Yes I did

linezero
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Yes I did
I just got my m8 since I switched from nexus 5 and its just been a week so far. First thing I did was I installed an aosp rom (crdroid) and thought giving a try on sense. The only added advantage for me on sense was the fancy camera app. As of now I'm actually waiting for an update of crdroid rom. Which rom are you running?

Past Devices | HTC Wildfire -> HTC Incredible S -> HTC One X -> Samsung Galaxy S3 -> Nexus 4 -> Nexus 5 / Neuxs 7 (2013) |
The Following User Says Thank You to linezero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krazie1
Old
Thanks Meter 4671
Quote:
I just got my m8 since I switched from nexus 5 and its just been a week so far. First thing I did was I installed an aosp rom (crdroid) and thought giving a try on sense. The only added advantage for me on sense was the fancy camera app. As of now I'm actually waiting for an update of crdroid rom. Which rom are you running?
I'm running cm11 but once crdroid gets updated I'll be going back. I just wish the maintainer for crdroid would do weeklys or our phone would be officially supported.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

linezero
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
I'm running cm11 but once crdroid gets updated I'll be going back. I just wish the maintainer for crdroid would do weeklys or our phone would be officially supported.
weeklys is good. Im actually going through few a few tutorials to learn the whole process of building the rom. Got a high-end PC so it would be kinda cool if I could do it.

krazie1
Old
Thanks Meter 4671
Quote:
weeklys is good. Im actually going through few a few tutorials to learn the whole process of building the rom. Got a high-end PC so it would be kinda cool if I could do it.
Yeah that's cool man, I was trying to build too but its going to be harder because its unofficial. Firebird might be able to help you since he's building crdroid. I think I learned how to do cm11 but I had a little bit of space so the build failed lol. Put it on pause til I get time to mess with the laptop.

The Following User Says Thank You to krazie1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]