Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,877 Members 51,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZTE Grand SII LTE (S291) - ROOT , RECOVERY, install GApps

Tip us?

adamkozzilla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default B11 doesn't root

Tried following these steps with my B11 grand s II, phone shuts down and doesn't boot back up until unplugged. Anyone have a solution??

neur0tica16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When i first got my phone i used this method and rooted my phone no problem. Something got messed up and SU was removed. Now when i try and do this root procedure over again my phone shuts off and i need to take out the battery to restart it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MCarek
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neur0tica16 View Post
When i first got my phone i used this method and rooted my phone no problem. Something got messed up and SU was removed. Now when i try and do this root procedure over again my phone shuts off and i need to take out the battery to restart it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If your phone shuts down then you have go to settings and drivers and twice reinstall the driver for the phone (android phone), after that it should work and root will appears again :thumbup:

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using XDA Free mobile app

neur0tica16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarek View Post
If your phone shuts down then you have go to settings and drivers and twice reinstall the driver for the phone (android phone), after that it should work and root will appears again :thumbup:

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using XDA Free mobile app
Do I uninstall the drivers off my computer, then reinstall the ones that come with the phone twice?

MCarek
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neur0tica16 View Post
Do I uninstall the drivers off my computer, then reinstall the ones that come with the phone twice?
I donŽt remember how it was with my phone but this the answer from another user of this forum:

I solve the problem ! When my phone shut off i goes to windows driver and install the driver adb again ! You have to do that two times, before lauch "中兴天机S2一键ROOT_Recovery" and when you phone shut off.

Follow this and youŽll solve your problem

qubuqu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guess if the android sooner driver yet install?

Assumed:
ZTE Handset usb driver installed.

If connected phone to pc under "connect to pc software" usb mode, & had usb debug mode enabled.

a device: zte handset adb handset could be found in device manager

under command window, type:
adb reboot bootloader

phone should reboot & stop at logo /blank screen

"zte handset adb handset" should be gone & changed to "android sooner single adb interface" in device manager
if there's any android phone related drivers not found displayed in device manager, manually update the device and point to the folder: your drive:\program files\zte_handset_usb_driver\drivers\
to install missed drivers.

Then type in cmd :
fastboot devices
to verify ...