Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Firewater S-Off

Tip us?
 
roman26
Old
#1421  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: belfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny201281 View Post
That's just part of the fun getting firewater to work. Try a custom kernel or an older stock Rom. Android 4.3 works well with M7 so maybe give it a try.

Sent from my HTC One M7 ARHD 71.1 (Minus Purple tint) using TapaTalk
Thanks for reply mate, what kernel you suggest? And it should be installed thru recovery as zip?

Thanks
 
Danny201281
Old
#1422  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 240
Posts: 702
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Swansea
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman26 View Post
Thanks for reply mate, what kernel you suggest? And it should be installed thru recovery as zip?

Thanks
Sorry I don't know what to suggest as my M7 is International, Everything is different for Sprint. But yes normally they just flash in recovery.

But bulletproof kernel works well for me I think there's a Sprint version but you'll need to do your home work for that to make sure you get the correct one for your phone.

Sent from my HTC One M7 ARHD 71.1 (Minus Purple tint) using TapaTalk
 
roman26
Old
#1423  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 42
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: belfast
after installed carl's1961 unsecured kernel and after 2nd bottle open , chugging......... phone is frozen and stays in that state
 
Danny201281
Old
#1424  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 240
Posts: 702
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Swansea
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman26 View Post
after installed carl's1961 unsecured kernel and after 2nd bottle open , chugging......... phone is frozen and stays in that state
Unfortunately that's just how it is, you need to keep trying try with different roms aswell.

I've used it to s-off multiple times and every time I went through this. Even with the same Rom and kernel I had success with before wouldn't work second time around on the same phone. It's just that temperamental.

I found older roms tend to work better though try 4.3 stock Rom. unfortunately there is no strait forward advice to give just keep trying different software. Eventually you'll either get s-off or you'll get the dreaded "Whelp this sucks" message in which case it won't work.

You could try Sunshine app, very easy to get s-off but it costs $25

Sent from my HTC One M7 ARHD 71.1 (Minus Purple tint) using TapaTalk
 
jerrino77
Old
#1425  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perugia
Hello, i have urge to download firewater and temproot, but the official site seems to be offline. Someone have the binaries to send me? Thanks
 
Danny201281
Old
#1426  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 240
Posts: 702
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Swansea
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrino77 View Post
Hello, i have urge to download firewater and temproot, but the official site seems to be offline. Someone have the binaries to send me? Thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54927394

Sent from my HTC One M7 ARHD 71.1 (Minus Purple tint) using TapaTalk
 
jerrino77
Old
#1427  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perugia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny201281 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54927394

Sent from my HTC One M7 ARHD 71.1 (Minus Purple tint) using TapaTalk
Thanks Danny, but, as I already said, official site is currently offline
 
cyrusct82
Old
#1428  
cyrusct82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 387
Posts: 780
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Constanţa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrino77 View Post
Thanks Danny, but, as I already said, official site is currently offline
Try another internet connection.
Works for me. I've downloaded it right now.

Sent from my HTC One
 
Danny201281
Old
#1429  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 240
Posts: 702
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Swansea
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrino77 View Post
Thanks Danny, but, as I already said, official site is currently offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusct82 View Post
Try another internet connection.
Works for me. I've downloaded it right now.

Sent from my HTC One
Works fine for me too

Sent from my HTC One M7 ARHD 71.1 (Minus Purple tint) using TapaTalk
 
jerrino77
Old
#1430  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Perugia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny201281 View Post
Works fine for me too

Sent from my HTC One M7 ARHD 71.1 (Minus Purple tint) using TapaTalk
well, this is weird.. works with my mobile connection, not with my ADSL.. Well, i got all files, thank you all!!!

Tags
htc one, s-off
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes